Moving Personal vault to primary to sync via iCloud

Options
k4lk
k4lk
Community Member

My iPhone and iPad Pro running iOS 13.5 beta 3 running 1Password have a Personal and a Primary vault that sync with each other. This Mac is running Catalina 10.15.5 beta 3 with 1Password 7.5 beta-1. It has only a Personal vault and doesn't sync with the iOS devices. How do I create a Primary vault on Catalina so it will sync with the iOS devices? Do I really need a Personal vault?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.5 beta-1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5 beta 3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @k4lk!

You should do it the other way: you should not use the Primary vault if you have a Personal vault. Instead of creating a Primary vault on your Mac, you should add your 1Password account to your iOS devices instead, so the Personal vault shows up everywhere.

Data syncs automatically through 1Password.com if you have a Personal vault, so that's where you should put your items. Once your data has been moved to the Personal vault, our recommendation is to remove the Primary vault altogether from all your devices: there is no need to sync data via iCloud when 1Password.com does the same thing.

• k4lk
    k4lk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I'm better now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @k4lk! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.