1Password X on Firefox refuses to save or autofill on a specific page

If you go to this page and click the link to manage your membership (in the last line of the left column), 1Password X 1.19.0 on Firefox refuses to save credentials entered (the save button does nothing), and also refuses to autofill (clicking the credentials makes the menu vanish for a split second then reappear, with the credential textboxes still empty).

1Password Version: 1Password X 1.19.0
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.19.0
OS Version: macOS 10.15.3
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @dcormier! πŸ‘‹

I just tested this out, and I was able to both save and fill my items on the site you mentioned. Keep in mind that the sign in page has a different domain from www.relay.fm/. The sign in page's domain is relayfm.memberful.com/auth/sign_in, so you'll need to make sure that website URL is stored inside your Login item (you can have multiple URLs in one Login item). Here's how I saved an item:

1. Type (or copy/paste) your credentials into the proper fields.
    2. Before pressing enter, click the Save in 1Password option underneath the password field.
    3. Add the word "new" to the title of your item to distinguish it from your existing item.
    4. Click Save.

Now, you should see your item appear below the username field when you click inside it. Go ahead and select your new Login, and let me know how it fills for you.

• dcormier
    dcormier
    Community Member

That's very different from my experience. Here's a recording showing what happens, including showing the URL (which never changes). At the end when I over over the save button, I'm clicking it repeatedly but nothing happens.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@dcormier – Ah, I see! Thanks so much for taking that screen recording for me. Eventually, I got the behavior where the sign in form appears as a popup rather than a separate domain. However, as soon as I clicked the suggested password, the 1Password X save Login dialog appeared just like this:

What version of Firefox are you using?

I'm also curious why you're filling a suggested password in a sign in form. Are you planning on changing the password to that once you sign into the website? Suggested passwords are typically used on registration and password change forms rather than sign in forms, so that's why I'm curious.

• dcormier
    dcormier
    Community Member

However, as soon as I clicked the suggested password, the 1Password X save Login dialog appeared

That doesn't happen for me. The only thing that happens is what you see in the video.

What version of Firefox are you using?

Firefox 75.0.

I'm also curious why you're filling a suggested password in a sign in form.

Because I didn't plan my recording well and got flustered. That was my 3rd attempt to record it because of other issues. There just needed to be any password in there since I wasn't going to use my real one. The problem is the saving.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@dcormier – I see what you're saying now. It doesn't have to do with the suggested password, but nothing will save for you. Does that sound right? If so, is this the only website you're experiencing this issue, or are you experiencing it on multiple websites?

Here's a video of the expected behavior on Firefox 75.0.

I'd like to have you try removing and reinstalling 1Password X to see if that helps at all. To remove it, right click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, then click Remove Extension. Then, install a fresh copy of 1Password X here. Let me know how that works for you.

• dcormier
    dcormier
    Community Member

It doesn't have to do with the suggested password, but nothing will save for you. Does that sound right?

It won't save, and it also won't autofill.

If so, is this the only website you're experiencing this issue, or are you experiencing it on multiple websites?

No, this is the only site I'm aware of where I'm currently having this problem.

I'd like to have you try removing and reinstalling 1Password X to see if that helps at all.

Now it'll save, but it still won't autofill. It does the same thing it was doing before: it suggests the saved login, but when I click it, it vanishes for a split second and reappears, with none of the form fields filled in.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@dcormier – Thanks for hanging in there with me. I'm glad you're able to save now. Can you try saving a new Login item on relay.fm? Here's how:

1. Visit https://www.relay.fm/membership and click the here link on the left side.
    2. Enter your email and password into the proper fields (you can copy/paste this from 1Password X if it's easier).
    3. Click Save in 1Password underneath the password field.
    4. Add the word "new" to the title of your item, and click Save.

Once the new item is saved, go ahead and refresh the page and attempt filling the item with the word "new" in the title. Does that one fill any better, or are you still seeing the same behavior?

• dcormier
    dcormier
    Community Member

That worked.

The difference I see between the two (for whatever reason) is that the old entry has one website listed:

while the new entry has two:

There still seems to be a bug where whereby 1Password X will show the entry with one website listed, but will not actually autofill using that entry. It would be good if this were not the case, or if it gave more information to the user.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@dcormier – I'm happy to hear it's working for you now. That circles us back to my first comment. The issue there was that you couldn't save a new item, but I think I had the right idea. The sign in form either opens up in a new tab or places the form on the same page, but inside an iframe with a different URL. When a form is inside an iframe, 1Password will need that URL to be within the item as well. 1Password is smart enough to recognize that when you save an item using the inline menu, but if you create an item manually, you'll need to manually add both URLs. I hope that explains things and gives you some background on the issue you mentioned. This is expected behavior, although I definitely see where the confusion lies, especially since you weren't able to save the item via the inline menu.

This discussion has been closed.