Master Password change in one version was "forgotten" how can I fix?

StanClark
StanClark
Community Member

I have three versions of 1Password. 1P 7 (7.4.3) is running on my iMac with 1P X (1.18.0) on my Chrome browser. I also have 1P iOS (7.4.7) on my iOS devices. All software is up to date and the hardware is all running fine. 1P X and 1P iOS accessed a file structure that has 3 vaults under a "common" name:
"Clark Family"

1. S password vault
  • 2.C password vault
    1. Shared vault

1P 7 contains the "Clark Family" structure, but it also contains 3 other vaults. Call them A, B, and C.
1P 7 thus contains all my passwords and I can access it just fine.
But 1P 7 has a different password than 1P X and 1P iOS (which share the same password). I changed the password for 1P X yesterday and "forgot it". So I can't open 1PX, I can use facial recognition (for the moment) on my iOS devices but can't type in a password to enter. I can still get into 1P 7 because it has a different Master Password than the other two. How can I clean this up? All vaults have been backed up and exported individually.

1Password Version: 7 (7.4.3), X (1.18.0), iOS (7.4.7)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.4, iOS 13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Master Password problem

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @StanClark!

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at how your 1Password app is configured.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• StanClark
    StanClark
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana. Thanks for the response. I still need help "rationalizing" my vaults for correct family sharing, but I've found the password so I can open all 3 versions of 1Password. I sent the diagnostics to support and have the number: [#DIY-95234-199]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @StanClark! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: SJS-33845-637

• dayanbooker
    dayanbooker
    Community Member

How to get the master key on your mail ID. I forgot my password and now I want the master key.

• Hi @dayanbooker

Without your Master Password it would not be possible to unlock 1Password. Please check this post for more info:

FAQ: I'm locked out of my account (membership) / need to start over — 1Password Forum

Ben

This discussion has been closed.