Ability to update saved URL from the login field?

Options
BaronKrause
BaronKrause
Community Member
edited May 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

1Password will automatically save the full URL when making an entry, and often that will be the registration page for new accounts or the password change page for old.

It doesn't make a difference for logging in usually but it would be nice to have the option to update the saved URL from the 1Password popup window that is in the login boxes (that usually contains the "Update" button)

Maybe make the update button always clickable instead of grayed out when there is no login change and if nothing is changed it can ask if you would like the update the saved URL?

Being able to click the url inside the 1Password entries is convenient, but not so much when it instead takes you to the registration or likely now broken password change url. And its a bit of a hassle to change the link manually as an additional step for every single newly created account, going to the login page, copying the url and then going in to edit it. It would be a nice QOL improvement to be able to "Freshen up" the links easily.

The content of the Web Form Details also contains additional items when saved from the sites registration page.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BaronKrause!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.