How do I adjust scale when printing an item on macOS?

Options
guylepage3
guylepage3
Community Member

How do I adjust scale when printing an item on macOS Catalina?

When going to print an item that has a lot of information, it is not possible to reduce the scale of the item being printed in order to fit it on one page.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500003) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500003) 1Password Store
OS Version: macOS 10.15.4 (19E287)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Scale when printing

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @guylepage3

If you select the dropdown that is currently set to "Media & Quality" and switch to "Layout" you can set multiple pages to be printed on each sheet of paper. Does that help? Please let me know. For what it's worth - we generally don't recommend printing data from 1Password. If the intention is to serve as a backup there are better ways. Likewise, if the intention is to share, there are better ways. :)

Ben

• guylepage3
    guylepage3
    Community Member
    Options

If you select the dropdown that is currently set to "Media & Quality" and switch to "Layout" you can set multiple pages to be printed on each sheet of paper. Does that help?

Nope. There is no scale percentage when printing.

For what it's worth - we generally don't recommend printing data from 1Password.

There are some instances where this is needed. ie. providing info to accountants, lawyers, etc. where the documents are kept secure. Big need to be honest.

• Ben
    Options

Nope. There is no scale percentage when printing.

Correct - however selecting the layout option to print multiple pages per sheet effectively scales each page to 50%, 25%, etc depending on how many pages per sheet you print. I'm not aware of any other way to downscale the printouts.

There are some instances where this is needed. ie. providing info to accountants, lawyers, etc. where the documents are kept secure. Big need to be honest.

You may want to consider using guest accounts for this purpose: https://support.1password.com/guests/

Ben

• nickwaters
    nickwaters
    Community Member
    Options

@guylepage3 can you not just change the format from PDF to another format and then 'select all' (⌘-A) and increase font size?

• Ben
    Options

@nickwaters

I suppose something like that might be possible by exporting to CSV. :+1:

Ben

• guylepage3
    guylepage3
    Community Member
    Options

can you not just change the format from PDF to another format and then 'select all'

Unfortunately, no :|

then 'select all' (⌘-A) and increase font size

No way to increase or decrease font size.

• Ben
    Options

@guylepage3

As you say - we don't have any native support for this, beyond what we've already discussed. You could export the data to CSV, and then format it in any way you'd like using the spreadsheet editor of your choice. Then you can make the font whatever size you'd like. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.