Bug report-attaching camera photos

cnsanford
cnsanford
Community Member

I tried to attach a photo from the Camera, and it was recorded as a “(deleted item)” and could not be opened. Deleted it and tried again, same result:

Comments

• @cnsanford

I would suggest restarting the device, I was able to reproduce this once, and after a restart, I could no longer reproduce it. Another thought is the photo I tried to attach was recently taken, and I think it may not have been fully downloaded to my device (taken on another device originally).

• cnsanford
    cnsanford
    Community Member

No joy. Rebooted the phone, deleted the broken attachment, and tried again this time from the photo roll with the same result.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cnsanford:

What version of the 1Password app are you currently using, and on what version of iOS?

• cnsanford
    cnsanford
    Community Member

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cnsanford:

Thank you for the confirmation. Those are the same versions that I am also using, and I was not able to reproduce this issue. Is this happening with every 1Password item or just with this specific one?

• cnsanford
    cnsanford
    Community Member

Good question. It appears to be only on that one Login item!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cnsanford:

Thank you for the confirmation. This is very interesting. Do you mind creating a new login item then, and attaching the image to this new item instead? You can then remove the old copy to the trash to avoid duplicates.

• cnsanford
    cnsanford
    Community Member

Ok, I made a Duplicate of the entry and the problem moved to the Duplicate. I made a new blank Login and I could add images to it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cnsanford:

There really seemed to be something wrong with the old item them. But I am glad that creating a new one resolved this for you :)

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2020

@cnsanford

If you continue to have this problem, you may want to check out this topic. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/109488/deleted-item-when-trying-to-create-a-document#latest I think it's the same issue you are seeing.

Please let me know if that is indeed the same issue and if so, I can add you to our issue tracker.

ref: dev/apple/issues#4283

• cnsanford
    cnsanford
    Community Member

Yes, that is the bug I hit.

• @cnsanford

I have added your report to the tracker. Thanks for the quick reply.

This discussion has been closed.