KeePass Import with heavy structured File

Hi and greetings from Austria,

I have a heavy structured keypass-File with subgroups nesting down 5 Levels. Is there any chance to import this with the structure ? My first Import gave me a flat hierarchy of a all my folders and even worse it mixed together some entries. The structure has a Folders like Customer1 -> Admins and Customer2 -> Admins where after the import I am left with one Admins-Folder with alle the entries mixed together.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Martin!

Unfortunately, I don't believe that 1Password will import KeePass folder structures at this time. What exact version of KeePass are you exporting from, though? Are you using KeePass or KeePassX?
  • Martin Posch
    Martin Posch
    Community Member
    I tried both, unfortunately both did not work.

For my company I made the policy to use a keypass-file as master-database (open source and so on) but the users are allowed to use other password-managers as long as the master is up to date (not so many changes).

So the people from time to time just import the keypass-master into their password-managers and this works best on roboform (Windows) or last-pass.

So my wish is just to provide at least equal functionality like te competitors ;)

khad wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't believe that 1Password will import KeePass folder structures at this time. What exact version of KeePass are you exporting from, though? Are you using KeePass or KeePassX?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    This suggestion has come up from time to time. Thank you for letting us know it would be useful to you. We will look into improving this in a future update!

When you say it "did not work" do you mean that the folder structure was not preserved or that the entire import failed? As I mentioned above, the folder structure will not be preserved, but the import should work well.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

We are always here to help!
  • Martin Posch
    Martin Posch
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

When you say it "did not work" do you mean that the folder structure was not preserved or that the entire import failed? As I mentioned above, the folder structure will not be preserved, but the import should work well.

Youre right, the import worked well but the folder-structure was not preserved
  • Martin Posch
    Martin Posch
    Community Member
    Hi and greetings,

I installed the newest version and tried it again - unfortunately nothing has changed so I once again want to vote for a good working Keypass-Import.
    Maybe we are a little special but our processes force me to reimport our master-keepass-file every now and then - and this still only works perfect with lastpass (on all platforms) and roboform on Windows.
  • Hello Martin,

I'm sorry that it is still not working for you, but I've re-added your vote for Keypass Import improvements.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Hi,

I have the same folder structure issue. I'm currently using KeypassX and really want to find a solution working on my Mac (home), PC (work), iPhone4 and iPad2. This is why I may be interested by 1Password.
    I'm still not sure about 1Password not having a 2-way authentification - as KeypassX have, so I still need to think about it.
    Other thing is price: I would need to buy 3 separate licenses instead of none today. I may be ready to pay if I would be sure it will suits my needs for let's say the next 5 years at least.

So this is where I am right now (sweat)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    If you buy 1Password from the Mac App Store, please send me a PM with your receipt. I can give you a discount on the Windows license if you are interested. Of course, you can always download the trial for Mac and Windows and kick the tires:

http://agilebits.com/downloads

You have a full month to test it out with no limitations.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.