Bug report: 1Password X shows autocomplete popup over "Home", "Work", etc. in GMail Contacts.

Options
  1. Go to Gmail contacts and create/edit a contact.
  2. Type a phone number for the contact, hit tab to choose from the "Home," "Work," "Mobile," etc. dropdown
  3. The dropdown is covered up by the 1Password X dropdown so I can't choose "Home," "Work," "Mobile," etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.19.0
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password x gmail contacts

Comments

• BMorearty
    BMorearty
    Community Member
    Options

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @BMorearty! Thanks for getting this on our radar. I haven't been able to reproduce the same issue, so I'm wondering what browser you're using.

Just a heads up while we get this sorted, you can click the 1Password icon inside the field to close the inline menu. That should allow you to interact with the dropdown behind it.

• BMorearty
    BMorearty
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @kaitlyn , I'm using Chrome 81.0.4044.138 on a Mac.

When testing, try using the Tab key.

• BMorearty
    BMorearty
    Community Member
    Options

By the way, clicking the 1Password icon doesn't help because it ALSO closes the menu behind it. It closes both.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BMorearty – Dang! that's not helpful at all. I'm using Chrome 81.0.4044.138 on macOS as well, and I'm indeed tabbing into the field. Just to make sure I'm following the exact same steps as you, are you visiting https://contacts.google.com/ and clicking the Create contact button then selecting Create a contact?

• BMorearty
    BMorearty
    Community Member
    Options

Correct. I also tried incognito mode, where the only Chrome extension that had access to the page was 1Password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BMorearty:

I have also tested your steps and I could not reproduce the issue here either. I actually see this dropdown when I click on the Label field:

I am also using 1Password on a Mac. Do you see the same thing even after fully quitting Chrome (Cmd+Q) and launching it again?

• BMorearty
    BMorearty
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana could you also please try tabbing or clicking into the email field in the form? It seems to do the same thing.

• BMorearty
    BMorearty
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, also I noticed that in order to reproduce this, 1PasswordX has to be already unlocked.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020
    Options

@BMorearty:

Tabbing seems to work too (and 1Password X was unlocked). Here is a short gif:

The only thing I can think of is if you could maybe try this on another computer? If you are using 1Password X on another machine (or even another browser), it would help understand if there is an issue with this specific machine for some reason.

• BMorearty
    BMorearty
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana, I tested it on another computer (also a Mac with Chrome) and it reproduced there as well.

But I was able to disable it by click "Suggestions" and then "Hide on this page."

• ag_tommy
    Options

@BMorearty

I was also unable to reproduce this behavior using both 1.19 and 1.20 (beta). I went so far as to type the very same text you entered in the specific fields, and tapping tab when you did, and clicking where you did. :(

• The only extensions I have in this browser are 1Password.
  • BMorearty
    BMorearty
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for trying. As I mentioned above, I tried it in incognito with 1PasswordX as the only extension allowed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BMorearty:

But I was able to disable it by click "Suggestions" and then "Hide on this page."

I am glad to hear that you managed to find a workaround for this. I was also going to suggest trying 1Password X beta to see if you encountered the same behavior there, but I am glad that you managed to get this to work already :)

This discussion has been closed.