Can I disable the auto-fill credit card contact numbers?

I use additional sections in the credit card entry to collect additional information about the card. This is information like the credit limit, interest rate, and contact phone numbers. The phone numbers seems important in case I do not have the card itself and need to contact the issuer. The problem is when I use form fills. I normally start purchase form fills by selecting my identity entry which will fill out my name, address, and phone number. And then I move to select the credit card I would like to use. The credit card entry goes back through and overwrites a lot of the data such as my name (sometimes messing up and putting my middle initial in the first name field) and my phone number. For phone number it overwrites my contact info with the phone number I have saved for card contact information.

Is there a way to stop this overwrite from happening? As it is it means that I often have a three step process. 1) Auto-fill identity info 2) auto-fill credit card info 3) correct name and phone number info that has been overwritten incorrectly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.19.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @zmelnick ,
    We are aware of such instances where autofilling both an identity and a credit card might cause some fields to be overwritten by the latter, especially if you have added data in the credit card item such as phone numbers and other information that can overlap the identity item.

We're definitely working on improving that. If you have specific URLs that are publicly available where this happened to you, feel free to share them here so I can forward them to the developers as well for test cases.

• zmelnick
    zmelnick
    Community Member

Sure! This was on https://fiveguys.com/. But I find it often. I can update with a list if it’s helpful. If it is just let me know if I should make edits to this reply or make new comments.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@zmelnick:

If you have the time to add some examples it would be great. You can list them as an edit to your reply. Thank you :)

• jd_lewin
    jd_lewin
    1Password Alumni

Aloha @zmelnick,

Our latest stable version of the 1Password extension — 1.23.0 — has addressed the behavior you notified us of here. I hope the improvement finds you well!

🤙🏻🌴🌺

This discussion has been closed.