Issue with save login form

I've tried filling my login and password on a specific homebroker page and I'm not getting sucess on it. I've tried with 1Password extension and 1Password X, both on Microsoft Edge browser, on Windows 10.

Could be an issue with 1Passoword's engine?

Besides that, inside that website, there is a field to put another password. 1Password can't fill that field too.

Could I "force" 1Password to fill these fields? How can I help you guys, to solve this issue? Please, let me know.

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @qzmarco ,

The first step in helping us to help you here is to provide us with the URL of the login page so we can test it for you and see what we can find.
    If you rather not do it on a public forum, we can definitely proceed via email :chuffed:

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

@Yaron No problem for me. This is the website

Clear Corretora

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @qzmarco ,
    Thanks for the website link.

I tested it on Brave (which is based on Chrome, same as the new Edge), and it works quite well. Here's a video recording I made for you: https://recordit.co/oHPXxEAazc

Notice that 1Password popped up and asked if I want to save it as a new login since I didn't have an existing login for this website in my 1Password app. Feel free to try and replicate my steps by deleting the existing login you currently have, then manually fill in the fields on the website and try to log in.

Let me know if that works for you.

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

Hey @Yaron ,
    Thanks for replying me. I figured out that my 1Password installation was configured to ignore the domain of the that website. My fault here, sorry. :(

However, when I am inside the website, there is a field to put another password. When I click the button that confirms my other password, the page itself submit a POST request and 1Password suggests me to update the site's main password, but it is not my intention. I would like that 1Password could recognize this other password and would fill it.

I can't share with you my login and password, because it is about finances. Is there something that I can do to help you with this issue?

Cheers.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @qzmarco ,
    Thanks for the additional info.

If there's yet another password field that shows up, you might want to try and save this website's login as a multi-page login process: https://support.1password.com/create-multi-page-login/

If that doesn't work, or if the second password field overwrites your main password field, then we would need to create that second password field manually in 1Password, so I'd need you to right click that field and select "Inspect" in your browser, and show me the HTML code of that field with a screenshot here.

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

@Yaron

Unfortunally, my case is the second one.

This is the screenshot.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the screenshot, @qzmarco .

Unfortunately, that password field does not have a name or id (which is a poor design choice), so we can't define it properly in 1Password. Does the first password field has a name or id variable? Feel free to attach a screenshot of it as well if you're not sure.

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

Yeah @Yaron the first password has a id variable. id='password'

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the screenshot @qzmarco .
    It's rather a long shot but please try this:

1. Create a new login item in your 1Password by opening the app and clicking the PLUS button and selecting "Login".
    2. Give it a name and fill in your username only.
    3. Leave the password field empty, then put the URL of the website in the "website" field.
    4. Under the website field you'll see an empty section. Select an empty label in that section and name it "password" (all lowercase), then input your password in the empty new field next to it.
    5. Change that field's type from "Text" to "Password" by clicking the three dots icon next to the field.
    6. Under it you will see yet another empty label and an empty field - leave the label empty, then fill the empty field with your 2nd password and change it from a "Text" field to a "Password" field.
    7. Click "Save" and test this new login, see if it works.
  • qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

Hi @Yaron

I did it, but it doesn't work. In fact, it work for the first step, to fill my first password, but about the second password, the field is not filled.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @qzmarco ,
    That's what I imagined would happen since that password field doesn't have a name or an id, but was worth a shot.

While this might not be ideal, you can rename that empty label of the 2nd password to whatever you want (e.g. "2nd password"), then when you're on the website, click the 1Password X extension to show the login's details and drag that 2nd password field from 1Password into the field on the website. If you're using the regular extension you can click the field on the website to focus it, then right click the login in the extension, select "more" -> "2nd password" -> "Chrome" (or Edge or whichever browser you're using). That will instruct 1Password to fill that field in whichever app you have selected.

I hope one of these will at least makes it a bit less annoying to fill out :blush:

This discussion has been closed.