Loging in using the mini app

Greg_P
Greg_P
Community Member

My wife who originally setup 1Password is the organizer and used her login on my computer mini app. Now want to use my own login with the app but it does not give me an option to use my own password. Can you help please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:setup 1Password with organizer login in. now want to use my own login in the mini app

Comments

• @Greg_P

1Password is intended to be set up as a single user application. The best solution is to use separate user accounts. An alternative solution would be for you to use 1Password X in another browser, such as Chrome or Firefox. You would not have access to the Mac app nor the mini in this situation. That would still be set up for use under her Master Password.

You would be interacting exclusively through the browser. Please take a look at this link for 1Password X and see if it fits your needs.

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

• Greg_P
    Greg_P
    Community Member

Thank you. Just to further clarify, my wife does not wish to use this computer any more for 1Password, and I would like to have access to the mini 1Password and the extension in the browser. How can we switch the access to those (permanently)? Does it involve deactivating or deleting the device from my wife's 1Password account? If so, how do we do that, and are there any other consequences to deleting a device?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Greg_P:

What version of the 1Password app are you using on this computer, and on what operating system?

• Greg_P
    Greg_P
    Community Member

it is an Apple IOS and I downloaded the 1Password app. I believe it's 1Password 7 (?).

• @Greg_P

If you want to change from one 1Password user to another on a device that runs iOS you'd need to uninstall & reinstall 1Password for iOS. You can find the download here:

1Password for iOS on the App Store

It may make the process more convenient to download and print each of your Emergency Kits using a computer:

Get to know your Emergency Kit

Once printed you can (optionally) write in your respective Master Passwords. I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.