primary account owner's been invited to family membership. Can't access shared vault.

GriffMuse
GriffMuse
Community Member

Family member has primary 1P account. Has been invited to family membership and is showing up as a member in "People" section in Family. They cannot access shared vault though. How can this be resolved?

1Password Version: 7.5.2 (iOS)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13
Sync Type: iCloud (I think) 1Password membership
Referrer: forum-search:family member has primary account. They have been invited to family membership and show up on family people page. How does she join the family and have access to shared vault?

Comments

• Hi @GriffMuse

The invitation process is a 3-step process:

• An organizer sends and invitation to the family member
    • The family member establishes their account
    • The organizer confirms the family member's addition to the membership

It sounds as though you've completed steps 1 & 2, but may not have completed step 3. If you click on the Invitations link in the sidebar do you see their pending confirmation? If so approving that should allow them to see any vaults that are shared with them. Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• GriffMuse
    GriffMuse
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, my family member is showing as "Active" in the status column, yet cannot access the shared vault on iPhone. There is no icon present The Vault is a Primary vault as when you have a private account.

• "Primary" is the name of a legacy standalone vault. It sounds like your family member may not have set their iPhone up for 1Password.com yet? If they sign in at https://my.1password.com/ in a web browser are they able to see the shared vault?

If they can, then they should follow these instructions:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Once complete, they should no longer have a vault called "Primary." If they do, something has gone wrong, and we should troubleshoot further. :) I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• GriffMuse
    GriffMuse
    Community Member

I mean no "Shared" Vault in upper LH corner.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@GriffMuse:

What do you mean by "LH"?

This discussion has been closed.