1Password 7.5 (Mac Store Download) Mini icon issues

Options
bgoodz
bgoodz
Community Member

Hello All, Ok, I've tried everything including shutting down, restarting, checking the extension in Safari (which is checked and loaded) to no avail. I loved that feature for quick fill in to specific sites (banks etc.) Mac late 2012 with Catalina froze up, locked up etc. Finally recovered and loaded back with Mojave 10.14.6. Had purchased a stand alone version of 1Password few years ago but since upgraded to 1Password7 (7.5). When I click the mini it tells me to load the extension (the extension is loaded) If I get past that I get your splash screen to consider a 1 Password membership. I do not get the auto fill in after entering password to open 1Password. The mini is of no use if I have to open 1Password and manually enter user name the password. I really liked the feature of the mini. And still like the functionality of 1Password. Hopefully you can help me fix it.
Thank You,
bgoodz. (Bill)

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bgoodz!

When I click the mini it tells me to load the extension (the extension is loaded)

What version of the 1Password extension did you install?

• markrvm
    markrvm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I have this problem too.

I have macOS Catalina 10.15.4, Safari 13.1 and 1Password 7.5.

I can launch 1Password from the mini-icon on the menu bar at the top of the screen, but not from inside Safari. I can enable and disable 1Password in Safari's Preferences -> Extensions, but clicking on the 1Password icon/button in Safari is ignored.

Thanks!

M

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@markrvm:

Do you see the 1Password Safari extension button next to the URL bar in the browser, or is it not there at all?

• markrvm
    markrvm
    Community Member
    Options

The button is there, but it doesn’t do anything.

• Ben
    Options

@markrvm

Thanks for the additional information. Please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• bgoodz
    bgoodz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana, I dont see where there's a version # for the extension. All the extension (in Safari Preferences) says is "1Password 7.5 from 1Password". Since the original app came from the App Store I downloaded 1Password7 from your site and loaded but still have the same issue, click the mini button and it says to turn on the extension. Maybe I shoulda deleted 1Password 7 before loading from your site?
    thank you,
    Bill

• Ben
    Options

@bgoodz

You should only have one copy of 1Password on your system. If you've ended up with multiple that could certainly be an issue. I'd suggest trying the instructions that I posted above for markrvm. :)

Ben

• markrvm
    markrvm
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben The clean reinstall did the trick. Thanks!

M

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that worked out, @markrvm. :)

Ben

• bgoodz
    bgoodz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, I only have one copy that I can determine, however, I’ll follow your great instructions you provided to markrvm. I’ll let you know how it goes.
    Thank You Ben
    Bill

• ag_tommy
    Options

@bgoodz

Let us now how it goes. We're here if you need us.

• bgoodz
    bgoodz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Guys, sorry followed Ben's directions and still get the message to turn on password extensions and the extension is there in safari and check marked. Must be something in Safari or the iMac.
    thanks Bill

• Ben
    Options

@bgoodz

I'm sorry that didn't help. Thank you for trying. So we can dig deeper I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/558916/#Comment_558916
    • Your forum username: bgoodz

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• bgoodz
    bgoodz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, how do I make the diagnostic report ? I could hunt n peck but you’re faster 😉

• Ben
    Options

@bgoodz

If you click the link "Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)" in my post above it'll take you to an article that explains it. :)

Ben

• bgoodz
    bgoodz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, Thanks much and I will do the diagnostics but at the time I'm taking the iMac in for some hard drive inspection. Think I'm having issues with that also. Once I've got the iMac back, I'll get back on the 1Password mini issue. It worked before I had to restore everything.
    thanks again and I'll get back to you.
    Bill

• ag_tommy
    Options

@bgoodz

That sounds like a plan, and on behalf of Ben, you're welcome.

• bgoodz
    bgoodz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben & ag_tommy. I have done all the above steps after getting iMac back with a new HD and still get the 1Password7 mini "install the extension" message when activating (extension is installed). Have done the diagnostic report and emailed to support along with a link to this thread. Returned email from BitBot assistant refers to this number

Re: [#NTV-13529-457] 1Password Diagnostics Report for Bill xxxxx.

Thanks for your assistance
    bgoodz

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @bgoodz. I see we've received your report and it has been routed to our extensions team. Someone will be in touch via email soon. :)

Ben

• bgoodz
    bgoodz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, Well, some good news. Low and behold all of a sudden I got a message window in the upper right hand screen corner near the 1Password7 mini icon that said there was an issue with 1Password7 syncing (or maybe Primary Vault). Clicked on "correct" and opened up 1Password7 preferences. I Selected Primary Vault with Dropbox and 1Password.opvault, closed everything, rebooted and walla..... the extension is still selected in Safari Extensions and now (for now) the 1Password7 mini is working and selecting the Safari site after providing 1Password7 password to open and enters the user name and password. Thank you guys for all your assistance, but will still be interesting to hear or see what the diagnostic report results were from your support department. Will keep my fingers crossed functionality has now returned.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @bgoodz. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.