Three field logins

Could you please explain how to save login details on a site that has three fields (bank website - has card access number, security number and internet password fields). 1P will only save the first two fields. I can't see any option when editing the entry to add a third field. Advice on a previous similar query stated that the login details should be manually saved via the browser, using tools/save new login - but I can't see this feature.
Thanks - look forward to your assistance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:three field logins

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JustIS,

Thank you for reaching out! :+1:

Please try to save a Login for this website in question manually, using these steps from our website:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

Let me know how it goes. If it doesn't work, please share the URL of your bank website and we will take a closer look.

Cheers,
    Greg

• JustIS
    JustIS
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. As mentioned in my original post, those instructions advise to manually add the login using the "save new login" function, which I cannot see in tools or anywhere. If those instructions are correct could you please send a screenshot. Otherwise, the URL of the site is https://www.bankofmelbourne.com.au/
    Thanks in advance.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JustIS:

There is a screenshot of that window in the support article that Greg shared with you. For your convenience, I took it directly from that page:

• JustIS
    JustIS
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

SCREENSHOT DELETED DUE TO PERSONAL INFO
    Thank you.
    I saw that screenshot in the article. Attached is a screenshot showing what I see when I open 1P in the browser and go into settings. If you could please tell me where "save new login" is located.
    Thank you

• That's 1Password X, @JustIS. The instructions you were looking at were for the companion app extension. In 1Password X, simple enter the data you need to on the page, then click in the password field. You should see "Save in 1Password" in the inline menu. This will capture all fields 1Password is able to recognize as fillable, so if you're still having trouble after saving your Login item in this manner, let me know. We may need to take a closer look at the page itself to see what's tripping things up. :+1:

• JustIS
    JustIS
    Community Member

Thanks. 1P is not recognising the third field, so is not capturing it. I have emailed you, so look forward to your assistance in resolving this.

• Thanks for letting me know, @JustIS! Our extensions team are the filling/saving experts who will be better able to help out with this, but I've made sure your e-mail made it to the right place so they can hop in to help as soon as possible. :chuffed:

ref: SUY-25347-199

• PhilP2
    PhilP2
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

For what it is worth, I had this problem of not saving three fields when creating a login in Microsoft Edge. When I created the new login in Chrome, the new login filled in all three fields correctly in both Chrome and in MS Edge. I was using 1Password X in Edge and the regular 1P extension in Chrome, so apparently 1P X does not capture the fields accurately like the 1P extension did in Chrome.

• That's still potentially worth reporting, @PhilP2. There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to saving and filling and while the brain makes many of those decisions and having it be the same across the board helps a ton, there certainly could be a specific thing 1Password X is doing differently here that prevents it from saving that extra field properly. If I were you, I'd either drop an email to support+filling@1password.com with the URL where the Login was saved so they can take a look or, you can drop them a line over in the 1Password X category with those details and they should be able to help get things fixed up. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.