Update Problem to 7.5

Options
thbrcz
thbrcz
Community Member

I have bought my 1Password version via the App Store. I get always an automatic notification to update 1PW to the new version. Then a windows opens saying to click "Continue" to close the application and to install the new one. The installation/download runs normal. But then the message appears "The application could not be installed because 1Password could not be closed". But I even closed the application before manually. I have the problem already since months and I'm still with the version 7.4.1. Can you help me?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:update problem

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @thbrcz

I'm sorry for the trouble. Is Safari running? If so it may help to quit Safari before updating.

Ben

• thbrcz
    thbrcz
    Community Member
    Options

No, Safari is not running. I work normally with Google Chrome. But I closed also this browser.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @thbrcz. Please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari (if open)
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac, or from the Mac App Store, if preferred
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins in Google Chrome

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• thbrcz
    thbrcz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben. Thanks for the instruction. It works again.

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. Thanks for sticking in there. Glad to hear it worked out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.