hgoldston
hgoldston
Community Member

How to find forgotten master password if I can unlock Iphone with Touch ID

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to find forgotten master password if I can unlock with Touch ID

Comments

• hgoldston
    hgoldston
    Community Member

Version 7.5.2

• Hi @hgoldston

If you have a 1Password membership then your Master Password would be recorded on a Login item for 1Password.com in your Personal/Private vault.

Ben

• edross67
    edross67
    Community Member

What if you have a stand alone app and this happens? How can you recover? PLEASE have an answer! Lol

• Hi @edross67

Unfortunately with standalone vaults there won't be such an item (because you wouldn't have a 1Password.com account), but if you still have access via Touch ID it may be possible to recover. The steps would be to sign up for a membership trial, which will cause you to choose a new Master Password, and migrate your data into that trial account. You can read about how to do this here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Once complete you could either carry on with membership (recommended), or revert to standalone. Reverting to standalone would require this set of instructions:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.