1Password can't verify...fill it anyway?

Options
PDarb
PDarb
Community Member

Hi team, I'm currently trying to synch both wife's and mu macs etc so that each of uses the SAME vault and has the same process for finding and entering logins across ALL our mac devices, computers, phones, iPads etc. I have set up and selected the ONE 'shared vault' on every item and ticked 1P as the auto login software. But still having lots of issues. In iPhone, if i do a new website login I don't get the option to create/save this email and password into 1P I have to go and do it manually. Then I get a "1Password can't verify..(whatever) do you want to.fill it anyway? Error message, even if I have gone to enter the new login details in 1p on my desktop where it is clearly there in the 'shared vault'

1Password Version: 7.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS new ii1
Sync Type: 1P
Referrer: forum-search:can't verify

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @PDarb

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties. I'd be happy to help.

In iPhone, if i do a new website login I don't get the option to create/save this email and password into 1P I have to go and do it manually.

Correct. On iOS there isn't any mechanism for a 3rd party app such as ours to prompt you to save a login after you've interacted with a web page like we can on desktop operating systems. We have a guide about how to save logins on iOS here:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Then I get a "1Password can't verify..(whatever) do you want to.fill it anyway? Error message, even if I have gone to enter the new login details in 1p on my desktop where it is clearly there in the 'shared vault'

The message indicates that you're trying to fill the login in an app other than the one the login was saved for. We check this by comparing the website field on the login with the Associated Domain specified by the app. Could you please let me know:

1. Which app is this happening in?
    2. What is filled in for each of the website fields on the login item you're trying to fill?

Ben

• PDarb
    PDarb
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. Didn't know that about IOS. what a pain. Can't remember what app/process error came up in as it was days ago. Will note and get back if it happens again. Thanks Philip

• Ben
    Options

Sounds like a plan. Thanks @PDarb. :)

Ben

• PDarb
    PDarb
    Community Member
    Options

Did a few more websites on the new iPad tonight and had more of that 'odd message' see screenshots. Other thing I'm noticing is that when I'm in the website, say "buzz", and go to 1P to fill in the login, i get a '"doesn't exist" message from inside 1P. But it IS in there as I can see it on the desktop 1P inside shared vault. Then if I search again inside 1P, the login details will appear. Can
    't work out why I have to do this search twice. Let, to simplify everything, Can I delete my main 'personal' vault and just keep my 'shared vault'? This is the one nI have selected across all of my apple things, phones, ipads and computers. I'd like to only have the ONE vault for everything to minimise any confusion.. When I started all this, I copied all Personal vault items into 'Shared vault' and new use it exclusively, so don't use 'Personal' one any more. Cheers and best wishes,

Philip

• ag_tommy
    Options

@PDarb

Do you have website addresses stored within the login for the examples above?

Can I delete my main 'personal' vault and just keep my 'shared vault'?

No, that is not possible.

When I started all this, I copied all Personal vault items into 'Shared vault' and new use it exclusively, so don't use 'Personal' one any more.

To clarify, when you do this, all logins are shared between all members of the family. That would mean they have access to all of your logins.

I usually keep all of my data within the Personal/Private folder. Then things like Netflix and Disney+ go into the shared folder for all family members to access. How you use it is your choice. * If you and the other members are fully sharing data, keeping it in the shared vault will be no problem.

• PDarb
    PDarb
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Tommy. The Withings one did have its URL listed inside the saved 1p details, the Express one didn’t. Good info on the personal / shared vault. 👍🏻

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PDarb:

What is the exact URL inside the website field of the Withings login item?

This discussion has been closed.