I can see the item but I can't access any info

1Password Version: 7.5.2.
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.4.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:can't see password in new update iOS

Comments

• Hi @moviecam

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Are you able to see the details on any other devices? And is this happening for all items, or just a subset?

Please let me know.

Ben

• moviecam
    moviecam
    Community Member

Hi Ben thank you for responding, so far the problem is only on iOS and it seems that it's on items that don't have an official website icon I was hoping that by syncing everything would be resolved but it didn't so I just need to know how to move forward

• @moviecam

Taking a closer look at the screenshot you provided... the item in that screenshot is a Software License item. The Software License template doesn't have a password field on it. If it wouldn't reveal any private information, can you please post a screenshot of what you see when viewing this same item from one of the other 1Password apps?

Ben

• moviecam
    moviecam
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

here are secreen shots of the same item from the desktop application, web browser and ios

[screenshots removed for privacy]

• @moviecam

The screenshots from 1Password for Mac are of a different item - a Login item, whereas the screenshot from iOS is from an item in the Software License category. It appears you have at least 3 different items saved all with the title "Rosetta Stone," which may be the source of the confusion. On iOS please open 1Password and then at the bottom of the screen select the categories tab. Then navigate to Logins. Do a search for Rosetta. Does the correct item come up and appear as expected then?

Please let me know.

Ben

P.S. I'm going to remove your screenshots as they contain your email address, but thank you for posting - I believe they've helped immensely in tracking this down.

• moviecam
    moviecam
    Community Member

Thank you for removing my email, the Rosetta that shows on the iOS screenshot is the result of search which seem to indicate that the items are not syncing properly

• @moviecam

It definitely isn't the result of searching from within the Logins category because the item in your original screenshot is in the Software Licenses category. ;) Could you please try the instructions I posted above to search in the Logins category? If the correct item doesn't appear there, then I agree, you may have a sync issue. If it does, then I think the problem is the aforementioned confusion caused by having 3 different Rosetta Stone items saved in your 1Password vault. The item you had selected on your Mac was definitely an entirely different item from the one you showed us on iOS, but the Mac also showed two other items of the same name.

Ben

• moviecam
    moviecam
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

these are the steps I took

[screenshots removed]

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2020

Thanks @moviecam. That is a different item that the one in your first screenshot, and is also different than what was on the Mac. :) So, I think you're right: things aren't syncing. I'd suggest running through our iCloud troubleshooting document, if that is the sync service that you're using:

If you're having trouble syncing with iCloud

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• moviecam
    moviecam
    Community Member

Hi Ben I wish I had good news to report I went through all the steps first going through Checking all the iCloud settings on my three devices and when that didn't work I went to the resetting ICloud data and I did it twice interesting facts that on all three devices it says that I have a total of 342 items but that item appears on my desktop and my laptop but not on my phone so it's a bit of an enigma right now

• moviecam
    moviecam
    Community Member

I'm wondering if I should delete 1Password 7 on the phone and reinstall

• @moviecam

If you can see all of the information that you'd like to keep within 1Password for Mac then I don't see a problem with attempting a reinstall. :)

Ben

• moviecam
    moviecam
    Community Member

That absolutely did the trick thank you Ben for all your help

• You're welcome. I'm very glad to hear that worked out. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.