Why does my wife have a 1Password Emergency Kit that we do not get prompted to use?

Options
tillerwiller
tillerwiller
Community Member

We have a family membership. Seems like we input this information one time somewhere, but the info has not been required again. Her iPhone requires the Family Organizer password?

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 70500003
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• tillerwiller
    tillerwiller
    Community Member
    Options

follow up. It appears my home iMac Chrome and my wife's iPhone is connected to the Family Organizer and Safari is connected to her login??

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tillerwiller

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'd be happy to help get this sorted for you. Once you add an account to a device that account is remembered indefinitely, or until the device is deauthorized. Additionally by default iCloud Keychain will sync the email address and Secret Key of whoever logged in to all other devices using the same Apple ID. So, if 1Password on her iPhone was signed into the family organizer's account, then that is the account it is going to remember. Likewise, that is going to propagate to any devices connect to the Apple ID in use on that iPhone. Web browsers operate a bit differently. They aren't affected by iCloud Keychain, and each browser can (as you've found) be signed into a different account.

The first thing I'd recommend doing here is making sure everyone involved has a copy of their Emergency Kit, with their Master Password written in, and can sign in if they visit this address:

https://my.1password.com/signin?a=new&l=en
    (where all of the details have to be entered)

While there I'd recommend each person check and be sure that all information they've saved into 1Password is visible through the web app. Once we're sure everyone has a full copy of their login credentials and everyone's information is safely stored on 1Password.com, we can begin getting the apps in order. To start, please uninstall 1Password for iOS from your wife's iPhone, and then reinstall it. After reinstalling, when opening the app, select the option for existing 1Password customers. Then choose the option to add a new / different account (i.e. do not accept the suggestion to add any 'remembered' accounts).

Please let me know how that goes. Are there any other instances where the wrong person is signed in that we should address?

Ben

• tillerwiller
    tillerwiller
    Community Member
    Options

thank you . will work on this tonight.

• Ben
    Options

Sounds like a plan. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.