found warning "Unknown Browser by Unknown Publisher"

I encountered the warning frame

1Password refused connection from untrusted app: Unknown Browser by Unknown Publisher

appears at the bottom of 1password for windows.
But can still work normally Can fill in the blanks on each website.

I confident that have download the firefox browser directly from the manufacturer's source. (https://mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/#product-desktop-release)

What error occurred? How should I fix it?

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90 (Firefox)
OS Version: Windows 10 1909 (18363.778)
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sector,

Thank you for reporting this!

Could you please specify the exact version of Firefox that you have on your PC now? Do you have any other browsers on your computer?

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• sector
    sector
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

@Greg,
    The version of firefox installed on my pc is 76.0.1 (64-bit).
    No, I only installed firefox browsers. And use regularly with it.

I see this warning every day. But not often each day When found it, do Click the X symbol to exit from that warning message.
    I'm worried that information will leak out of my browser? I found it for a while But have just asked you here.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sector,

I have Firefox 76.0.1 on my PC and I am not able to reproduce this error message at the moment. Do you also have a AV/anti-malware software on this computer?

If possible, please create a Diagnostics Report from 1Password 7 on your computer, where you see this error:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com and we will take a closer look at what is going on.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• sector
    sector
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

@Greg ,
    Yes, I always have Bitdefender Internet Security 2020 updated to the latest version.
    Before I send the diagnostics report, I will try another method.
    If it still appears as a warning error, And you only need to get a diagnostic report from me, I'll proceed to send it to.

method#1: 1. delete the old 1password extension in firefox browser.
    2. I tried performing a data reset and start over follows.(https://support.1password.com/starting-over/)
    3. then reinstall the 1password extension 4.7.5.90, download .xpi file from here. (https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4)

After completing the above methods#1 , I tried using the 1password extension to fill in each website that I have, still not seeing any error messages, that had previously been seen.
    So I will continue to monitor that Is there still an error message about 1Password refused connection from untrusted app: Unknown Browser by Unknown Publisher ?

I would like to know that That error message Is a serious security issue?
    I found it for a while, Has the information been leaked out from my browser?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sector,

Thank you for the additional info!

The safety and security of your data in 1Password is our top priority. Usually, we show a similar message when 1Password can't verify the browser signature (not all browsers are supported) and in this case we refuse the connection to that browser. Since you use the legitimate browser, the connection is not dropped, but 1Password shows you this message for some reason. We will need to take a closer look at why it happens and the diagnostics report from 1Password 7 on your PC will be really helpful for us in this situation.

Could you please send it over? Thanks in advance!

ref: dev/windows/opw#4842

• sector
    sector
    Community Member

@Greg ,
    I understand, I feel relieved. These error messages will show infrequently. Sometimes it appears when I close the firefox program and restart it.
    You say that the cause of this error message is due to some reasons of my pc.
    It does not have serious consequences for data security, Because I use the legitimate browser.
    However, I will create a diagnostic report And will send it to you.

Should I wait to create a diagnostic report? Until it appeared this error message at that time, right?

• Hi @sector,

No, you don't have to wait. We retain a max of two weeks of logs to collect errors like this, so that you don't have to wait. Go ahead and send it.

Thanks!

• sector
    sector
    Community Member

I have sent the report, but I haven't received any automatic replies from Bitbot.
    I tried sending it again. There is still no response to Support ID number.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sector:

Can you please check your spam folder and see if the automatic response ended there?

• sector
    sector
    Community Member

I checked and didn't find it at all.
    Usually, if send a message Will receive an automatic response from BitBot immediately?
    I sent to the address this support+windows@agilebits.com

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sector,

Please try to send your report to support@1password.com and tell us if you receive a BitBot reply after that. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• sector
    sector
    Community Member

I tried sending multiple time,but haven't received any automated replies.
    What is the cause of this?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sector:

I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: Someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: QSF-36332-449

This discussion has been closed.