Firefox (Desktop app required) Extension Manifest Error

passquests
passquests
Community Member

The Firefox (desktop app required) extension is blinking in my browser and cannot be clicked on. My desktop app no longer reads that the Firefox extension is downloaded and requests that I download it. On Firefox, a warning reads that: "Reading manifest: Warning processing key: An unexpected property was found in the WebExtension manifest."

I tried deleting and redownloading the extension with no luck. Any advice?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @passquests!

What version of the 1Password desktop app and of the Firefox extension are you currently using?

• passquests
    passquests
    Community Member

The desktop is app: 1Password 7, Version 7.4.4 (70404001), Mac App Store

I am not sure which version of the Firefox extension I am using. It is the 1Password (desktop app required) extension downloaded straight from the 1Password website.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@passquests:

Thank you for the confirmation. We can check the extension version for you. To do this, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• passquests
    passquests
    Community Member

Sorry, I actually found the extension version. It is 4.7.5.90. Should I still run the diagnostic?

• srv1p
    srv1p
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

I had this same problem maybe a few months back and then with I believe an update (I don't remember if it was Firefox or 1Password that updated) it went back to working correctly. Now with Firefox 76.0.1 (64-bit) and the 1Password extension 4.7.5.90 the problem is back. The small icon in the toolbar flashes and is not clickable. I have send a diagnostics report.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@passquests:

Yes please. Things are working fine here so we can take a look at why this is happening to you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020

@srv1p:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: Someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

ref: KNK-44794-861

• bpass
    bpass
    Community Member

Same issue here, OSX 10.15.4, Firefox 76.0.1 (64-bit) and the 1Password extension 4.7.5.90. Blinks active/inactive, cannot be clicked on.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bpass:

What version of the 1Password for Mac desktop app do you have installed, in addition to the Firefox extension?

• bpass
    bpass
    Community Member

7.5 (70500003)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bpass:

Thank you for the confirmation. If you haven't already, please send us a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com :+1:

• bpass
    bpass
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

Done! [#WMH-79273-841]

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2020

Thanks @bpass. I see your diagnostics have been routed to our extensions team and they should be in touch soon. :)

Ben

ref: WMH-79273-841

• SweetGenius
    SweetGenius
    Community Member

I have the same problem except i removed the extension completely. Now I cant get the extension to prompt to install. I have rebooted, clean history and cookies, disabled all other extension and cant install it.
    Firefox version: 76.0.1 (64-bit)
    1Password version: 7.5 (70500003)

• Hi @SweetGenius

I'd like to get you in touch with our extensions team. Please reach out to us at support+forum@1password.com via email. When you email in you'll get an auto-response with a support ID. Please post that ID here, so that I can get your message to the appropriate folks. Thanks!

Ben

• SweetGenius
    SweetGenius
    Community Member

[#IQE-78273-388]
    Firefox browser extension was just blinking when you mouse over it.
    Troubleshooting steps taken so far: Uninstalled the extension. Now it doesn't ever prompt to install the extension. I disabled all extensions, cleared all history and cookies, added 1password to the safe list, rebooted. Uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled. Not getting a prompt to allow the extension to install.
    Firefox version: 76.0.1 (64-bit)
    1Password version: 7.5 (705003)
    Mac OS X Version: 10.15.4

Thank You

• Perfect. Thanks @SweetGenius. I'm going to get this ticket over to our extensions team who can get this sorted out for you.

Ben

• SweetGenius
    SweetGenius
    Community Member

My problem with the extension not installing was User Error on my part. All is well and working great.
    Shout out to the excellent (and patient) support team.
    Thanks @Ben

• @SweetGenius

On behalf of all those who assisted you, you're welcome.

• passquests
    passquests
    Community Member

Was there ever a fix for the extension blinking/not working? I deleted the extension a few days ago, re-downloaded it just now, and the problem persists.

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2020

@passquests

Have you given the computer a restart? If not, I would start there. Also, what version of the extension are you using?

Edit: Found the version. Please let me know about the restart.

• @passquests

If the restart yields no joy, please submit that diagnostic report if you have not already done so. I did not see mention of you sending it.

This discussion has been closed.