AWS console username dropdown is blank on page load

1. Load AWS console
  2. The username 1Password popup appears on its own, but is blank
  3. Click off of the username field
  4. Click back on the username field
  5. Observe the username popup is now correctly populated

I have about 8 AWS accounts, so that username list is quite long, if that matters

Firefox 76.0.1 (64-bit)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Firefox 1Password X 1.19.1
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @mdaniel! Is the AWS console the only site you've been able to reproduce this on? Also, is it happening consistently for you or only every once in a while?

I'm curious if you're refreshing the page at any point prior to the issue happening. I've seen it reported in the past, so it's been reported to our developers, but we were only able to reproduce it after refreshing the page.

ref: dev/core/core#408

• mdaniel
    mdaniel
    Community Member

The AWS console is the thing I login to the most, and thus is the hot path for experiencing this. As mentioned, it's also one of the only sites where the same URL has an abnormally high list of potential username suggestions

It happens pretty consistently, but not 100%, implying to me it's a race condition with the 1P-X extension loading the suggestions and the onfocus event for the username field

I am not doing a page refresh, but it is AWS redirecting to the page from an expired session -- I can't speak to the amount of code the AWS console shares between the "normal" console mode and the login screen, but I don't believe a login action is them just reloading the page

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@mdaniel – A race condition is my initial thought as well. I added you as an affected user to an issue we had filed. Our developers will look into it. Thank you for sharing!

This discussion has been closed.