How Do I Specify a Preferred Master Password - 2 Master Passwords, 2 Accounts (HELP!)

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I have spent way too much time trying to figure this out!

1. I have used 1P for years, using Dropbox for my data for my Mac, Androids, iPads.
  2. I have used a 2nd 1P Team account for about a year, different Master Password (MPW) than my older personal Dropbox-based 1P.
  3. The 2 Androids with fingerprint logon, 2 iPads with fingerprint logon. (Thankful for THAT!)
  4. This week, I've converted my old Dropbox-based personal 1P to a new 1P Individual Acct.
  5. I've deleted my old Primary vault on any device where I see it, Android or iPad.
  6. All devices show 3 vaults: my new 1P acct called Personal and my Team vaults, Shared & Private. Looks good.
  7. Since my new 1P Ind. acct, finger prints work OK on Androids and iPads, but manual passwords do not.
  8. Since my new 1P Ind. acct, my Mac old Dropbox-based password does not work, I am being forced to use my 1P Team acct password. (I do NOT want to use this as MPW, since I only need a few times per year and only on my Mac.)

What, specifically, has to be done so that I only use my Personal 1P account's MPW on all devices?

Did I miss a major Help document that I should have read after converting from Dropbox to 1P?

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: OSX 10.15.4
Sync Type: 1P account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @steve_tn! Welcome to the forum!

I see that my colleague Intan has already been helping you via email, and I see that you have already sent her the same question. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion so you can continue the conversation via email.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: WWF-87967-597

This discussion has been closed.