Auto-detection of website

When I first started using 1password, and would go to a website, say aa.com, the 1password firefox browser extension would show me the login credentials for aa.com at the top of the list. I didn't have to actually search for aa.com credentials within the 1password extension and then click auto-fill. At some point - a few months ago - that stopped happening. And it stopped on ALL extensions and apps. I cannot find a setting that would enable that.

I already reinstalled and restarted the computer and have the latest version of the firefox extension installed. but it also doesn't work on Chrome or on the desktop app. The firefox version is 76.0.1 64 bit.

It wastes a ton of time to go put in the site name in the extension and then click autofill. Please help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Firefox
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @abp1733! 👋

I'm happy to help. The settings are a bit different between macOS and Windows, so could you let me know what platform you're using?

• abp1733
    abp1733
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

Mac OSX

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @abp1733! I'm curious if you have an option set to have 1Password mini open to "All Items" rather than "Suggestions." Could you try opening 1Password for Mac's Preferences and clicking on the Mini tab? Let me know what you see after the "Open 1Password to" setting.

• abp1733
    abp1733
    Community Member

Hi Kaitlyn - you're right it was set to "all" versus "suggestions". It's working now. Thank you SO much

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of kaitlyn, you are welcome @abp1733! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.