Unable to update mac app

peckles
peckles
Community Member

I'm unable to update mac app since 7.3.5 version. It is prompting me to install the new version manually. After I download and open to installation package, it gets frozen on Introduction screen. I can only close it by force quit.
I tried both 7.3.5 and 7.5 packages.
Do you have any recommendation to fix this?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Catalina 10.15.3
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @peckles! Welcome to the forum!

To update from 1Password 7.3.2, you will have to download and install manually from our website this time, since there was a bug in the autoupdater in an old version, which has since then been fixed, so what you are seeing is expected.

After I download and open to installation package, it gets frozen on Introduction screen.

Can you please post a screenshot of this?

• peckles
    peckles
    Community Member

I am just getting rainbow icon from Mac. The installation doesn't let me click anything and it just freeze. All I can do is force quit. When I check activity monitor, it says installer (not responding).

• peckles
    peckles
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

The issue is resolved. I have restarted the laptop and closed every program that runs on start up. I don't know which one was interrupting installation. Thanks.

• Thanks for the update @peckles. I'm glad to hear you were able to find a solution.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.