Remove personal vault

Options
jriskin
jriskin
Community Member

I upgraded to 1pw 7 and I prefer to not keep any vaults on the internet at all. No icloud/dropbox/1password etc.

How do i delete the 'personal' or set my 'primary' to the default?

It's too easy to select the wrong vault by accident. That's pretty annoying and i'm sure will lead to mistakes. This has been a really painful upgrade and feels like a downgrade honestly. I may just give up on it. I only wanted 7 for the touchID access as that will save me a lot of typing.

It also causes errors if click on it because i disable any network communications for 1pw).

If there are no good solutions, i'll just cancel my membership and go back to 6.

I would think that 1pw of all places would understand the inherent insecurities in storing vaults online in a single location. It may be difficult to crack today, but, we don't know what the future holds. SRP is not a panacea and the only truly secure method is to not store the data.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15
Sync Type: File

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@jriskin You do realize you can buy a v7 license, don't you?

• jriskin
    jriskin
    Community Member
    Options

I have a v7 license, was that not clear?

• jriskin
    jriskin
    Community Member
    Options

Or do you mean buy a v7 license without the subscription? If so no, that was not clear as an option. I was under the impression that they switched to a subscription model.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jriskin:

You can certainly use a standalone license if you don't like having a subscription. I noticed that you also sent us an email about this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: UJJ-78589-316

This discussion has been closed.