Is it necessary to keep a duplicate back up of passwords on iCloud?

Options
Iamnobodi
Iamnobodi
Community Member

Dear 1Password Community,

I am currently subscribed as a member to 1password.

I have 2 vaults. One vault is what I believe to be the vault associated with my membership, and the other vault is the iCloud vault which is a duplicate copy of the former vault. For this reason for most of my passwords there is a notification that the password has been reused.

My question is whether I can do away with the iCloud vault and delete it. If I do this will it affect the seamless sync of 1password across all my devices (iPhone/iPad)?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud/1password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Iamnobodi!

My question is whether I can do away with the iCloud vault and delete it. If I do this will it affect the seamless sync of 1password across all my devices (iPhone/iPad)?

Sync happens automatically if you use a 1Password account, so sync will continue working. When you switch to 1Password.com, we actually recommend removing old vaults stored in iCloud from the 1Password app, to avoid duplicates. If all your data is inside your 1Password account already (make sure you don't have anything that you need in the old vault first), and if you have added your 1Password account to every 1Password app you use already, you can remove the old Primary vault from your devices :)

This discussion has been closed.