1Password browser extension doesn't work

elemdv
elemdv
Community Member

Hi, I'm quite new with 1Password.

I have tried with Chrome and Safari and I can't make browser extension work: when I log in a site nothing happens.
I have checked the configuration and the detection of new sites is active while the 1Pass app is running in my mac.

I am using:
.- Mac 10.14.6
.- Safari 13.1
.- Chrome 81.0.4
.- 1Password 7.5

I come from using Lastpass and right now I am very disappointed with 1Password

Thanks for you support

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: last
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @elemdv! Welcome to the forum!

Have you installed the 1Password browser extension in Chrome already? And what happen when you visit a website and click on the 1Password extension button in the browser exactly?

When it comes to Safari instead: is the 1Password browser extension enabled in Safari Preferences > Extensions tab? It should look like this:

• elemdv
    elemdv
    Community Member

Thanks for your answer.
    I've reinstall everything and I've checked with several sites and now it seems to work. But there are several sites (for example: twitter) not recognized and captured with 1pass.

Other problem I've noticed it is about how to import credentials from Safari, and I can't find a solution.

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@elemdv:

I've reinstall everything and I've checked with several sites and now it seems to work.

That's great to hear, thank you for the update!

But there are several sites (for example: twitter) not recognized and captured with 1pass.

We can certainly test them here too to see why you are encountering these issues. What procedure are you following exactly, and at what steps do things stop working for you? If you could give us step-by-step instructions on what you are doing exactly, we can try to replicate the issue.

Other problem I've noticed it is about how to import credentials from Safari, and I can't find a solution.

You can use @MrC's converter suite for this.

• elemdv
    elemdv
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick answer.

I've noticed some sites are not captured by 1password.
    One of them: twitter
    1.- I have 1password app running in my Mac and Safari/Chrome extension active
    2.- I login (using Safari or Chrome) on twitter with my credentials (id and pass) and I got into my account and nothing happens with 1password. 1Password say nothing.
    3.- In order to store my login on twitter I have to write down my credentials on 1Password app

Thanks in advance

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@elemdv:

When you are on the Twitter login page, after entering your credentials on the form, can you try saving the login manually in the browser and let me know if the 1Password prompt appears in that case?

• elemdv
    elemdv
    Community Member

Thanks.

Yes, when I follow your suggestion 1Pass saves the login credentials. But after this, when I try to login (Safari) another time on twitter, 1pass don't complete the credentials. I press Command + ç and it shows me the 1pass app.
    So I understand the use of 1password must be looking into the 1password database and press "login".

The thing is this is my wife's computer and account, and I suggested her to use 1Password (because it seemed to be easy).

I identified several issues with 1Password:
    .- The behaviour depends on the browser (my wife uses Safari and Chrome). Whit Safari you must use Command+ç but with Chrome 1password works better and show the credentials.
    .- I have detected severals sites with no detection from 1Password (I guess it depends on the site login type).

After all, and trying to save my marriage :-) I think this is a very complicated way to solve the credentials management, I am going to uninstall 1Pass and suggest my wife to continue using Safari and Chrome password way.

My wife has never used this account till now, I I have noticed the billing (annual) is on 13 May.
    please, would you return this billing?

I would appreciate it so much.

Thanks in advance

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@elemdv:

.- The behaviour depends on the browser (my wife uses Safari and Chrome). Whit Safari you must use Command+ç but with Chrome 1password works better and show the credentials.

It sounds like you installed different extensions in different browsers. From your description, it sounds like you installed 1Password X in Chrome, which is our latest extension. In Safari, you must be using the traditional browser extension, which requires a keyboard shortcut to work. This would explain the difference (1Password X is currently available for several browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox and Edge, but not yet for Safari)

.- I have detected severals sites with no detection from 1Password (I guess it depends on the site login type).

Yes, every website is built differently, so it's possible that 1Password must learn how to behave in certain cases. We are always here to test specific websites if you find one that seems not to be working however.

After all, and trying to save my marriage :-) I think this is a very complicated way to solve the credentials management, I am going to uninstall 1Pass and suggest my wife to continue using Safari and Chrome password way.

I understand. I am sad to see you go, but you need to use what makes you happy. And no matter what you decide to use, please use a password manager and stay safe online!

My wife has never used this account till now, I I have noticed the billing (annual) is on 13 May.
    please, would you return this billing?

Please reach out to our sales team via email at sales@1password.com so they can help you with this without sharing billing information on a public forum :+1:

• elemdv
    elemdv
    Community Member

Ok, thanks for your comments and your quick and nice answers.

I'll contact sales.

Best

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@elemdv, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.