1Password keeps presenting 'Authentication Error' dialog

MickByrne
MickByrne
Community Member
edited June 2019 in Mac

In the past couple of weeks, my 1Password application keeps on presenting this 'Authentication Error' dialog. It looks like this:

I enter my master password (the 'Secret Key' is already pre-filled) and sometimes 1Password just hangs and needs to be closed down, other times it appears to work. This is happening about once every 2 hours and is extremely concerning (as well as pretty annoying).

Despite this alert, I'm otherwise able to use 1Password effectively, although I'm unable to upload documents into shared vaults within our 1Password Teams account (an issue I've described in a separate topic).

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3 (70300020) 1Password Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.5
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MickByrne! No problem, I'll be happy to help you out - as I'll likely need to discuss details of your specific setup, I'll keep our conversation going via the email thread that you started - chat to you there soon!

• MrMysterioso
    MrMysterioso
    Community Member

I am having precisely the same problem on May 16, 2020 on MacOS. Any solutions? I'm fully updated, including removing and re-installing the app.

• MrMysterioso
    MrMysterioso
    Community Member

I am having precisely the same problem on May 16, 2020 on MacOS. Any solutions? I'm fully updated, including removing and re-installing the app.

• @MrMysterioso

Please use the following link to create diagnositc report for your device.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

Please send that report to support@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. MrMysterioso
    A link to this topic or forum posting. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/559482/#Comment_559482

• Do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security. The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.
This discussion has been closed.