Go or Open & Fill Not Working for Firefox

Firefox 76.0.1 (default browser)

When selecting Go or Open & Fill from the MenuBar drop down it is not firing up Firefox (default browser) from the Dock, whether from cold or warm start and going to site and filling in credentials.
Firefox must already be open and on screen, then 1Password will open new tab and automatic credentials are filled in.

1Password Version: 7.5 (70500003)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.9
OS Version: macOS10.15.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @FineWine .
    We are aware of this issue and hopefully it will be fixed in a future update.

In the meantime, the only way to use "Open and Fill" is by having an open active window of Firefox before clicking on "Open and Fill".
    I'd like to propose a different workflow for you though, because I find it hard to imagine why people start their workflow from the 1Password app. Please try this:
    1. Open Firefox.
    2. Click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of Firefox.
    3. Find the login you need there, then double click it.
    4. 1Password will take you there and autofill, without you having to even open the desktop app of 1Password at all.

Please give that workflow a try and let me know if it is more comfortable/faster/easier for you :)

• FineWine
    FineWine
    Community Member

Thank you Yaron.

The workflow you spelt out is my normal way of doing things but this day I was working on a non browser related task but then needed to log into my bank account and I thought I'll use the menubar access point as that would save on the number of mouse clicks. So that is how I discovered this little bug.

Look forward to a resolution soon.

Thanks and ALL Stay Safe.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional info @FineWine .
    Hopefully a fix will be available in the near future.

Stay safe :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.