App does not find login

KMWAZ
KMWAZ
Community Member

I've installed several apps on the iPhone and entered the logins passwords into 1Password but each time I open them and want to use the "autocomplete" function is doesn't find the app. So what's the trick?

1Password Version: 7.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.4.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:App does not find login

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @KMWAZ!

It depends on the individual app, whether it shares the information that 1Password needs in order to fill or not. Do all of these Logins have a URL inside the website field of the item?

Also, can you tell us what these apps are so we can maybe test them here too?

• KMWAZ
    KMWAZ
    Community Member

Not sure what you mean by “logins have a URL inside the website field of the item” the app I’m talking about currently is Therabody. They have a Website called Theragun. I entered that into the URL space for that login but still doesn’t come up.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@KMWAZ:

Not sure what you mean by “logins have a URL inside the website field of the item” the app I’m talking about currently is Therabody.

If you open the Login item for Therabody inside 1Password, does the website field of the item contain the URL of the website?

If you have indeed added websites for all these Logins items, but 1Password does not show you those logins when you open these apps, it means that these app developers have not implemented the associated domains feature, which allows 1Password to connect an app with the correct login item.

• KMWAZ
    KMWAZ
    Community Member

ok thanks. I thought it would merely use the name of the app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@KMWAZ:

The name of the app is unfortunately not enough. 1Password needs precise information so it doesn't suggest you the wrong logins for an app for your security. The name of the app would not be enough for this.

• KMWAZ
    KMWAZ
    Community Member

In my experience the App name is most often unique. Even so, I have many apps that 1PW doesn’t pull up. You’d think there r would be a way to add to a field in 1PW to make it work if it doesn’t have a “associated domain”

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@KMWAZ:

You’d think there r would be a way to add to a field in 1PW to make it work if it doesn’t have a “associated domain”

My understanding is that the information needs to come from the app, rather than from 1Password, so 1Password can now what information to show you when filling. You can add any field you want inside the 1Password items, but if they don't match with what the apps are showing, 1Password won't show you that Login for security reasons (so you don't risk entering the wrong credentials in an app).

This discussion has been closed.