1PW plugin not recognized on Edge (OSX)

schwiddy
schwiddy
Community Member

Hi,
I'm running Edge Version 81.0.416.72 (Offizielles Build) (64-Bit) with 1Password 7 - Version 7.5 (70500003).
I installed the 1PW plugin for edge and it also shows up besides the browser url bar.

When I press my hotkey combo to fill the login page a window comes up telling "Install the 1Password extension to fill, password, credit cards, and addresses in Microsoft Edge." And a blue button to "Add 1Password to Microsoft Edge."

thanks,
marcus

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 1.19.1
OS Version: OSX 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @schwiddy! Welcome to the forum!

The screenshot is too small to see this properly, but it looks like you might have installed the 1Password X browser extension, which is our latest extension that is independent from the desktop app. If 1Password tells you that you don't have the extension installed when you use the keyboard shortcut, please make sure you download the companion browser extension instead, which is our traditional extension that will work with the keyboard shortcut you are used to.

• schwiddy
    schwiddy
    Community Member

@ag_ana
    Many thanks! This solved it. I was not really aware whats the difference between 1PasswordX extension and companion extension.
    :)

• Thanks for the update @schwiddy. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to take steps to clear up that confusion. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.