Options
2»

Comments

• AntonyHell
    AntonyHell
    Community Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

I have a similar issue with Brave browser. 1password extension can't "see" installed app, so it does not allow for auto-fill credentials

1password: installed via brew: 7.4.3 (7043002)
    Brave: Version 1.8.86 Chromium: 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    MacOS: 10.15.4

I have this issue for 6 months or even more. Before I was using App Store version of 1password, but due to problem with scanning of QR codes switched to brew version of the app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AntonyHell:

1password extension can't "see" installed app, so it does not allow for auto-fill credentials

Can you please clarify what you mean by "can't see installed app"?

• AntonyHell
    AntonyHell
    Community Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

@ag_ana I mean I can't authorize 1password Brave extension in 1password macOS app. It never even shows me 6 digit code. I only see an alert that asks me to allow launching 1password app, which pretty much does nothing. When 1password app is already running and is unlocked, then by clicking "Allow launching 1password" in Brave it just show 1password window and that's it.

I've tried different ways to deal with a file that is created in 'NativeMessagingHosts' in ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts.

I've tried to make 'Chrome' directory to be a symlink to ~/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser but still no result

• Ben
    Options

1Password may not function properly when installed via homebrew as that isn't an official channel that we offer. Installing from our website is the recommended solution.

https://1password.com/downloads

Ben

• AntonyHell
    AntonyHell
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben it was not working when it was installed via Apple App Store either

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AntonyHell:

If you are able to reproduce this issue with the App Store version (or our website version), we will be happy to take a closer look. If you can reproduce this, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.