Mac (OS Catalina) - Safari Prompting and not loading Duo

Options
sailingbikeruk
sailingbikeruk
Community Member

I have 1Password linked to two accounts Work and Home.

Work use Duo 2FA

recently when opening 1Password, Safari prompts me that 1Password is trying to reach a website to authenticate and then attempts to load the Duo method selection. page, but this often fails to load properly. It is also annoying because I don't use Safari at all - I use Firefox mostly.

Why am I now being prompted to allow the authentication and why is the Duo page being opened by Safari and not my default browser?

Currently I am struggling to reach any work related passwords because 2FA seems to be broken or at best intermittent.

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sailingbikeruk
    sailingbikeruk
    Community Member
    Options

1password version is 7.5 ... sorry about the typo

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sailingbikeruk!

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• sailingbikeruk
    sailingbikeruk
    Community Member
    Options

UIQ-37271-512

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sailingbikeruk:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: UIQ-37271-512

This discussion has been closed.