Issues with Unlock using Secure Desktop?

prime
prime
Community Member

I get this error when I use Unlock using Secure Desktop attached below. Why would I get this?

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• That's a known issue with 1Password attempting to display a version badge which it can't do on a Secure Desktop, @prime. We've got it fixed up internally and that fix should be in the next update. For the moment, it's safe to ignore. You're not using an unsupported version, but because 1Password can't tell what update channel you are using, it's being overly alarmist here. Apologies for the trouble and confusion. :+1:

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@bundtkate thanks! If all goes well, I won’t have Windows anymore anyways. After today, I’m shocked it’s not thrown out of my window :lol:
    I hope all is well for you with all going on!

• Haha. I feel ya, @prime. I've been a Windows user since I was single-digits years old so I'm more likely to hurl my Mac, but I'd wager the sentiment is the same. It's just different and I've never quite managed to adjust. Windows has it's struggles, but they're familiar and there's something to be said for that, especially at times like these.

Things are going alright for me too, thanks for asking. I miss my parents and my birthday was a bit lame this year, but my family and friends are safe and healthy which is a far better than a nice dinner out so I can't complain. Plus, we can get beer delivered now, so it isn't all bad. :lol: I hope you're staying safe too and that we can all get back to worrying about the successes of our sports teams and our next vacation before we know it. :chuffed:

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@bundtkate I did an update today and my USBs stopped working. I restarted it and for the blue screen with the sad face.

I work for a new company and so far they are taking care of everyone, we are all working from home. They are offering free cyber security classes too, so I signed up for them all, and they are fun (my wife said she rather watch paint dry :lol: )

Plus, we can get beer delivered now, so it isn't all bad.

Isn’t this amazing?

All trips are cancelled, but next year we plan to do some fun stuff.

• Oh, that's awful, @prime. Windows updates do have a reputation, but I have somehow managed to escape anything quite so dramatic. Worst I got was my PC rebooting at random for a time, and after weeks of poking at it, I determined it was probably hardware anyway. No mobo and CPU and no problems since so I don't get to blame Windows for that one, it seems.

They are offering free cyber security classes too, so I signed up for them all

That's super awesome of them to do! I think companies overall are starting to see the importance of online security, but education on the topic is still really lacking. So many expect IT to take care of it without any help and keeping data safe is definitely something that takes the whole village. It's always awesome to see one more recognizing the value of ensuring everyone understands best practices.

As for trips, I'll be right there with you next year. We're holding out some hope for a December trip. I'd be surprised, but we've got until September to cancel and I guess you never know. Fingers crossed? In the meantime, I'll guess I'll just have to cope with themed Zoom backgrounds. My office won't be any more interesting, but it's the thought that counts right? :wink:

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@bundtkate

That's super awesome of them to do! I think companies overall are starting to see the importance of online security, but education on the topic is still really lacking. So many expect IT to take care of it without any help and keeping data safe is definitely something that takes the whole village. It's always awesome to see one more recognizing the value of ensuring everyone understands best practices.

I work for a cyber security company :) I got laid off a few months ago and found this place. I feel like I got lucky because I love learning about this stuff. I heard they are going to use a password manager too, and I wanted to tell them about the deal you guys are offering. I might still be able too too still. I got my 1st certificate also last week from one of the classes I took :)

With this stuff going on, I’m learning what companies to support more (how they treat their employees). It seems like you guys are being treated well with this going on and it makes me feel better supporting you. Ask @brenty, him and I had many debates over the years, but it always ends well.

Make sure you take those trips when you can, you deserve them. I worked for a company and I put in 60-80 hours a week. I was so use too check my emails all the time because It. This new company, I checked an email on my day off and called my boss, her 1st words “why are you working, it can wait whatever it is. Enjoy your time off”. It’s a nice feeling.

Ok rambling done :lol:

• I work for a cyber security company

Oh well that's just cheating, @prime! :wink:

It seems like you guys are being treated well with this going on

We genuinely are. Working remotely has always been a nice perk, but I don't think I ever fully appreciated it until all of this foolishness. I've been overwhelmed by just how lucky I am to have that alone in recent times. Plus, everyone has been really understanding about us having to take extra time away for various reasons, even if it's small stuff. I usually work later (I mean, here I am at 8:30pm my time, right?) but I've had to adjust to make it to the grocery store that closes at 7pm so I just split up my day and everyone is fine with that. Heck, I actually requested half a day off so that I could take a stray cat I found to the vet to get checked for a chip and no one fussed me about it in the slightest. I can't imagine even asking for something like that in previous roles, let alone expecting it to be acceptable.

Anyway, short version, it's a pretty great place to work so I would definitely say your support is well placed. I mean, I'm a bit biased what with those in charge signing my paychecks, but I truly do enjoy what I do. And, for whatever it's worth, folks like yourself that are so engaged and and passionate about what we do is a huge part of what makes that awesome. I'm sure @brenty would agree, no one is going to take the time to debate a topic they don't care about so I'll take that as a compliment. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.