Sorting entries inside of an object

Hi!
I've been using 1Password for years now, and have since the beginning requested a feature to sort rows inside of an object. I spend hours each week on sorting rows, since it cannot be done without first moving all rows inside of an object to an external text editor, removing all rows, and adding them again in the correct order.

Are there any news on this? Will this be added?

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sort rows

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @daniels0056! Welcome to the forum!

I am not aware of plans to implement this at the moment, but it would be great if you could elaborate on your request a little bit. For example, what do you mean by "rows" and "object"?

• daniels0056
    daniels0056
    Community Member

@ag_ana Sure, I'm not sure what you guys call the card, or sheet, that contains information - that's why I'm referring to a whole "entry" as an object. The key-value pairs I'm referring to as rows.

Below I have created an example object with a few sets of key-value pairs, in our case these can grow up towards 50, sometimes 80 entries. It's very cumbersome to scroll through to find an unsorted list of keys, and the task of organizing them is a lot more tedious. Imagine sorting through these, which I do.

There is currently no way to drag-drop rows to sort them, below if I wanted to sort detail-5648 at the top of detail-9828 I'd first have to delete all details and re-add them.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@daniels0056:

Thank you for the clarification! It's true that you cannot currently reorder rows in the web app, but you can manually drag and drop them in the 1Password for Mac app for example, if you have access to it.

• daniels0056
    daniels0056
    Community Member

@ag_ana Unfortunately I'm a Linux user.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@daniels0056:

I understand. In that case, reordering is currently not available over there at the moment I am afraid :(

• mdaniel
    mdaniel
    Community Member

The op CLI combined with jq may help that problem

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, thanks for the assist @mdaniel :+1:

• daniels0056
    daniels0056
    Community Member

Thank you, however our team consists of a spectrum of technical levels and as we expand we cannot rely on third party tools to help us. This topic was to hopefully know if it's to be implemented or not - we're left with having to look elsewhere for a password manager.

Thank you for good response time!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@daniels0056:

You are welcome! I am sorry to hear that reordering fields in the web app is a dealbreaker for you, but if you could reconsider, we would definitely be happy to have you with us :)

This discussion has been closed.