Bug when 1PW suggests username or email addresses?

Psychor
Psychor
Community Member
edited May 2020 in iOS

Hi,

I’m running the latest version of iOS and 1PW for iOS.

You go to a website and click on the password field to trigger iOS to prompt you to open 1PW. You open 1PW to create a login for the site. When you click on the “username or email” field in 1PW it will show a bar with suggested email addresses based on your main iOS profile. That’s great.

But what I’ve found is that if you have more than two email addresses associated with your main iOS profile there’s no way to scroll or show more. For whatever reason the two it decides to always show aren’t ones I use that often.

In other apps you’re able to somehow get that area to expand to show more entries.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2020

Hi @Psychor

I was able to see this same situation with my own setup: only two options are shown, though there are more addresses than that on the contact record, with no apparent way to select a different one. I'll talk to our development team and see if there is anything we can do to improve this on our end.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4638

• Psychor
    Psychor
    Community Member

Hi @Ben,

Great - thanks for the quick reply.

Take care.

• ag_vendruscolo
    ag_vendruscolo
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020

Hi @Psychor,
    Suggestions are part of the keyboard, which is controlled by iOS. We can only decorate the field to inform iOS the kind of data we're expecting, so it can set the keyboard to ease the task for users. In this case, we're telling iOS we expect users to type an email, and it ultimately pulls out emails from the user's contact card. And it turns out that we can't control that in any way.

I haven't tried, but probably changing the order of emails your card will affect suggestions.

Cheers,
    Alessandro

• Psychor
    Psychor
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_vendruscolo. Is there any way that you could relay my feedback back to Apple then? ;)

• ag_vendruscolo
    ag_vendruscolo
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Psychor,
    We don’t have a direct contact at Apple for this, so I’d suggest you to use Feedback Assistant to provide feedback to Apple. We provided feedback for a similar issue, so if you add yours there are more chances Apple will consider changing the behavior.

Thanks, have a wonderful day!

• Psychor
    Psychor
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_vendruscolo.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of ag_vendruscolo, you are welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• lalitkapoor
    lalitkapoor
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

Hi! Interestingly for me no email address shows up here despite me having my email in my contact card. Is there something I need to do to enable this?

All i get is a picture of a key and the word passwords: "🔑 Passwords" and clicking that launches 1 password.

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lalitkapoor:

What version of 1Password are you currently running, and on what version of iOS?

• lalitkapoor
    lalitkapoor
    Community Member

@ag_ana

1Password: 7.7
    iOS: 14.0.1 on iPhone X

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lalitkapoor:

Thank you for the confirmation. I tested this on my iPhone running 1Password 7.7 and I did get the username suggestions (the only difference is that I am running the latest version of iOS, 14.2 at the moment, although I don't think this would cause the difference we are seeing).

Just to make sure we are on the same page: have you tried actually creating a new item in 1Password? In your previous post you wrote this:

All i get is a picture of a key and the word passwords: "🔑 Passwords" and clicking that launches 1 password.

After launching 1Password, what steps are you taking? I would like to see if I can reproduce the same process that you are following.

• lalitkapoor
    lalitkapoor
    Community Member
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lalitkapoor:

Thank you for the video! I just wanted to let you know that I have asked the team to take a look at it. We will send you an update as soon as possible :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lalitkapoor:

Can you please make sure that predictive text is enabled on your device? These suggestions are coming from iOS itself, and it looks like they are completely disabled for you. You can check this In iOS Settings > General > Keyboard.

• lalitkapoor
    lalitkapoor
    Community Member

Yup! It’s enabled. I get suggestions in other apps.

• @lalitkapoor

My apologies, but I'm not sure what else to suggest here. Your settings look the same as mine. My only suspicion at this point is gremlins somewhere in your particular device/configuration. I'm happy to leave this thread open in case any of my colleagues or anyone else from the community has any suggestions, but as of now I'm at a loss. Sorry.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.