iOS autofill with many subdomains

logo
logo
Community Member

Hi!

I have many (internal) sites with stored passwords. Autofill does a) not show the subdomain or the name of the login entry and b) starts with logins of the main domain.
So I cannot tell which login entry should be used on which site!

Would it be possible to either show the full domain or the name of the login item in the list, or even better, show only the items matching the current subdomain? Maybe the most suitable first?!

BTW: none of these are the correct items :'(

Peter

Comments

• logo
    logo
    Community Member

Oh. Something similar happens on macOS, but the plugin shows the names of the login items.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020

Hi @logo!

We have an internal issue opened to improve this, so I am going to pass your feedback to the developers ;)

ref: dev/apple/issues#3701

• logo
    logo
    Community Member

Thanks ag_ana

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@logo, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• jmartindf
    jmartindf
    Community Member

I came here looking for this exact feature / improvement. Can you pass my feedback along as well? I have a lot of personal sites on subdomains of a single domain and it's impossible to tell which is which when I need to login. I'd love a way to use either site name or subdomain to tell them apart.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jmartindf:

Can you pass my feedback along as well?

Done :+1: :)

• mlangsottile
    mlangsottile
    Community Member

I also have this issue with a number different work logins on the same domain. On Mac and in the 1Password app itself I can see the sub domains and also each has a different color icon.

But in the Autofill screen it just shows the root domains which are the same, and the usernames (which are often all the same too). So when there’s no way to see which is which, I’m left having to guess and check.

• Hi @mlangsottile

I'm sorry you're running into difficulties. Unfortunately we don't control the UI for the autofill screen. You may have better luck using the 1Password interface. There are two ways you can access that:

1. Through autofill, by selecting the 1Password option from the autofill menu
    2. Using the Share Sheet extension: Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone and iPad

The 1Password UI seems to handle this a bit better than the default autofill UI. Thanks.

Ben

• pbaumi
    pbaumi
    Community Member

Same here. Please improve!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.