Error message: 1Password 7 can't be opened

jniles
jniles
Community Member

Whenever I attempt to launch/use 1Password 7 on my MacBook Pro, I get an error message that says "1Password 7 can't be opened." That's it. No other information. I've deleted/reinstalled, restarted (multiple times) and even reinstalled MacOS. No changes.

The app is completely unusable on this device. All my other devices (3 iPads, 2 iPhones, and an iMac) are all fine. It's only this machine.

1Password Version: Latest...
Extension Version: 7.5
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 can't be opened

Comments

• Hi @jniles

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble getting 1Password to launch on this particular MacBook Pro. Could you please open the Terminal app for me (in /Applications/Utilities) and run these two commands:

• ls -la /Applications/1Password\ 7.app
    • codesign -vvv /Applications/1Password\ 7.app

Press enter after each command in order to run it. Copy and paste the output and email it to us, along with a diagnostic report. To create the report please see these instructions:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com (this address may be different than the pre-filled address — please use this one).

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/113589/error-message-1password-7-cant-be-opened#latest
    • Your forum username: jniles
    • The output from the two commands above

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• jniles
    jniles
    Community Member

Thank you for your help! Here is the BitBot support number: [#LTY-18172-573]

• Thanks @jniles. I have some thoughts on this that I'm reviewing with my colleagues. Once we have a plan of action put together I'll reach out to you as a reply to that email. Let's continue the conversation there. Thanks!

Ben

ref: LTY-18172-573

• jniles
    jniles
    Community Member

Sounds like a plan. Thank you.

• :+1: :)

Ben

• dsahm
    dsahm
    Community Member

Hello there, I have the exact same problem. It began to happen out of nowhere. Last Mac OS X Update did not resolve the issue.
    Is there any solution for this?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dsahm:

I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: EPW-34356-124

• jniles
    jniles
    Community Member

Turns out my issue was being caused by a conflict with Sophos - a virus protection program required by my employer. I spoke with my IT department and they added 1Password to the whitelist. This solved it for me. Unfortunately, if you're not using Sophos, this will not help you.

Sorry!

• Thanks for sharing @jniles. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.