odd crtl+super (cmd or win) behavior

hi!

thanks for a great product! i've been using your service for years and i have nothing but good things to say. this is the first time i've run into any issues, and frankly it's just a minor inconvenience.

i've noticed some odd behavior in firefox with 1passwordx on both windows and macos: when i press ctrl-period on windows, the firefox multi-account containers extension opens up. ok, i reckon it's just a collision between extensions, so i go to the 1passwordx settings and find a custom keyboard shortcut setting (i'm on macos at this point, moving around the house). alright, so i go to set this to ctrl-comma, which seems to save, but the shortcut doesn't work. however, command-comma does. now it gets odd. i got to the 1password settings, and attempt to save the shortcut as command-comma, and it still saves as ctrl-comma. for reference, here's a screenshot of the settings page:

i haven't tried this on windows yet. my goal is to have the same shortcut, using firefox (w/ multi account containers because i need those for work), on mac and windows. tall order perhaps, but the command key saving as ctrl on macos is odd. at any rate, what can i do to resolve this issue?

also, since i don't see it listed in the additional information fields, i'm using firefox developer edition v.75.0b8

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.19.1
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:keyboard shortcut

Comments

• ratmav
    ratmav
    Community Member

lol for reference, don't use command-comma on macos. getting ctrl-comma to work would be a rad time though.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ratmav! What a strange issue. I was able to reproduce exactly what you mentioned – 1Password X seems to think that the Control key is the Command key for some odd reason. I'll go ahead and get this reported to our developers so they can investigate. I really appreciate you getting this on our radar.

ref: dev/core/core#1197

• @ratmav, thanks again for posting about this! A fix has been merged and will be in an upcoming release :smile:

• ratmav
    ratmav
    Community Member

good deal; thanks!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@ratmav – Absolutely! Have a good rest of your week.

This discussion has been closed.