Prompts For Passwords I Have Already Saved

robrob
robrob
Community Member

Hi there
I have been using 1Password 7 for a little while now, and since I have upgraded there has been a frustrating issue:

I constantly receive the "Unlock 1Password to save this Login" prompt for passwords that are already saved in 1Password.

If I do unlock and save it simple creates a duplicate...so I don't I just ignore it.
But it is frustrating being interrupted every time I log in.
And surely not the intended functionality?

Has anyone else encountered this issue?
Any fixes?

Thank you very much for your help.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500003) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:prompts for saved passwords

Comments

• Hi @robrob

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. If 1Password is locked there is no way for it to know you already have such an item saved... that information is encrypted. As such you may want to adjust when 1Password locks, and consider unlocking before beginning a browser session. Additionally, having the browser's built-in password manager enabled can cause difficulties with this function (in particular: duplicates being created). I'd recommend disabling that.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if the problem continues after making those adjustments.

Ben

• robrob
    robrob
    Community Member

Hi @Ben
    Thanks very much for the speedy reply and helpful advice.
    I will make the adjustments you suggest and report back if the problem continues.

Just to add though, this has only been happening since I upgraded to v7.
    It never used to happen in v6 - which is why it has become such a noticeable interruption.

Fingers crossed this will resolve things though.

Many thanks

Rob

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.