How can I give access to my assistant to my private vault?

trac1
trac1
Community Member

My private vault consists of my logins but also logins to client websites. I then create a vault for each subcontractor to share logins for the client they are working with. I want my assistant to be able to copy those logins to the appropriate vaults. How do I give my assistant access to customer login info so he can share it? Is there a way to share without making a copy?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Business account access for my assistant

Comments

• Hi @trac1,

My private vault consists of my logins but also logins to client websites

Could these items be stored in a new vault that would be shared between you and your assistant, so that either of you could then move them to the appropriate subcontractor vault? That would be the solution I would recommend. The only way to give someone access to your Private vault is to share your 1Password credentials with them, which is generally less than ideal, as it gives them all the same powers you have.

Is there a way to share without making a copy?

Yes; instead of creating a copy you can move the original item to the appropriate vault. This guide may be of some help:

Create, share, and manage vaults in your team

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• trac1
    trac1
    Community Member

@Ben Thanks for the info! I'll take a run at it and see if I can make that work. Sounds do-able :)

• You're very welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.