Three field login for ADP

Hello 1Password Folks,

I can't seem to save a three field login for the following website https://totalaccess2.adp.ca I have tried multiple times, and I even used the manual save method but it just will not save that Client # field for whatever reason.

Any help would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:https://totalaccess2.adp.ca

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019

Hi there @mulder911! I tried to reproduce what you're seeing, but was unsuccessful. By that I mean I was able to create the three-field Login for that site no problem (with the latest desktop-app-required extension in Chrome and 1Password 7 on my Mac).

Here's a screen recording of me doing it. Let me know what you're seeing/doing differently on your machine.

Looking forward to getting to the bottom of this!

Cheers,
    Henry

• mulder911
    mulder911
    Community Member

Thanks for getting back to me. You are correct it does work. It didn't work on mine for whatever reason. A reboot seems to have fixed my issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear @mulder911, thank you for the update. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Lisa111
    Lisa111
    Community Member

Hi. I using 1Password version 6.8.8 on MacBook (plus various other apple devices). I tried to use the directions above (including doing exactly what Henry did in the video from August 2019) for setting up my login details at https://portal.manulife.ca/secureserve#. But, for some reason it doesn't save all three fields, just identification number and password....it leaves out the plan number. I will be able to use the "remember me" function on the website, but still would like to figure out what I'm doing wrong when I try to save all three fields in 1Password. Any suggestions?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Lisa111:

We will be happy to test this for you. What version of the 1Password browser extension are you currently using, and in which browser?

• Lisa111
    Lisa111
    Community Member

Hi. So I have a standalone license. Per your request:

• 1Password extension is V 4.7.5.90
    • I use on Chrome; currently V 81.0.4044.138 (official build) 64 bit
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Lisa111:

Thank you for the confirmation! I have tested the website here and I was able to get 1Password to fill all three fields:

I have used the same method that Henry used, so it should definitely work for you too. Have you tried doing this with a brand new Login item, or did you overwrite the existing Login item inside your 1Password?

• Lisa111
    Lisa111
    Community Member

I have tried it both ways, including multiple times setting up as a brand new login item. What's weird is that only 2 of the 3 fields get saved in the new login item....identification number and password; it does not save the first item "plan number". I also note that when I click the setting gear, I don't get the same pop up screen that Henry gets. I do get "save new login", which is what I've been using. However, mine has a few additional items, for example, in mine "search all fields" is checkmarked, "search all major fields" is not checkmarked...maybe this is relevant?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Lisa111:

However, mine has a few additional items, for example, in mine "search all fields" is checkmarked, "search all major fields" is not checkmarked...maybe this is relevant?

It might be relevant, because I don't see these options in my menu either when I follow Henry's video, so I wonder if you are doing this somewhere else. This is what I see in that menu:

Can you post a screenshot of what you see instead?

• Lisa111
    Lisa111
    Community Member

Here is what I see. Don't forget, I'm using standalone license, not subscription, maybe that's the issue?

• Lisa111
    Lisa111
    Community Member

Humm....I can't get the screenshot to attach.

• Lisa111
    Lisa111
    Community Member

Tried a couple of times to attach, but no luck. Here's what I see in the screen, I'm leaving off the shortcuts on the right side of the screen.:
    Vault
    Save new Login
    Search Major Fields
    Search All Fields (this has a checkmark to the left)
    Lock
    Open 1Password
    Report Website Issue
    Submit Logins (this has a checkmark to the left)
    Open URLs in New Tab
    Quit 1Password mini

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Lisa111:

Can you confirm the version of the 1Password for Mac app that you are running? For reference, I tested this on version 7.5, so I wonder if you are maybe using a much older version of the app.

To upload a screenshot on this forum, you can click on the little image icon above the text area:

• Lisa111
    Lisa111
    Community Member

My account predates the subscription/membership approach, so I'm running the standalone 1Password, version is 6.8.8 (688001); don't know when I last got notification to update (which I do when available). It does put an icon on my desktop. I also use 1Password mini, but couldn't find version info. I looked on your website and app store, but couldn't find a more recent standalone version that is not the "subscription" version. Where do I find it? FYI, I also checked my iPad and iPhone, where I use the app, and I tried to find the version...in the "what's new" section it has write up re 1Password 7.5, so maybe my iOS devices are running 7.5...but I tried setting up 3-field password on these devices but couldn't get the pop-up window to appear.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Lisa111:

Thank you for the additional information! If you are running the old 1Password 6.8.8, then this is probably why you are seeing this difference.

I also use 1Password mini, but couldn't find version info. I looked on your website and app store, but couldn't find a more recent standalone version that is not the "subscription" version. Where do I find it?

You can download 1Password 7 from our website, and you will be prompted to purchase a license for 1Password 7 directly in the app ;)

This discussion has been closed.