How can i have a personal copy of 1Password and also a Team membership on the same computer?

rsiek
rsiek
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for years and currently have a local, standalone copy of 1Password (not an account) and need to set up a TEAM account for an organization I belong to. Can I continue running my personal copy of 1Password and also run a TEAM account at the same time on my computer?
Do I need two copies of 1Password installed?
If I only need one copy of the software installed, how do I switch between the vault I have been using for years, and the personal and shared TEAM vaults?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Catalina
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rsiek!

Can I continue running my personal copy of 1Password and also run a TEAM account at the same time on my computer?

Yes :)

Do I need two copies of 1Password installed?

No, you will keep using a single 1Password app. You just need to add your 1Password Teams account to the app.

If I only need one copy of the software installed, how do I switch between the vault I have been using for years, and the personal and shared TEAM vaults?

You can use the vaults menu to switch from one account to the other:

Switch vaults or accounts

• rsiek
    rsiek
    Community Member

Thank you!

• On behalf of Ana you are most welcome. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contIf there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.