Hiding a vault as administrator

h_ding
h_ding
Community Member

Hello,

On a regular basis I make a backup of all vaults in a backup vault. I would like to be able to hide this important vault for my other family members in order for them not to need to select it as one vault out of available vaults to select. Is this a feature request or already present but did I not see it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Hiding vaults

Comments

• soshiito
    soshiito
    Community Member

I think the only way to accomplish that would be to not share the vault with them. You can remove the vault from All Vaults, so it isn't part of their default view. That does nothing to prevent them from selecting it from the list manually. If you don't want them to be able to select it at all you need to not share it with them.

• Hi @h_ding

Welcome to the 1Password Support Forum. @soshiito is exactly right (thanks for chining in). It is possible to 'hide'/exclude vaults from the All Vaults view, which is the default view, but the hidden vault would still appear in the vault switcher.

You are not obligate to share this backup vault with them though. If they don't need to see the vault, not sharing it with them would be the solution I would recommend.

I hope that helps.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.