[Request] Let me open items in my browser instead of opening the desktop app

Options

Hey there, I just switched to the beta of 1P X to get the desktop integration. There's one thing that's really bugging me though.

When I want to edit an item from my vault via the extension icon it opens in a pop-up window of the desktop app instead of a new tab as it used to.
The problem I have with that: It's blocking the screen and it looks cramped.

The new tab was unintrusive, but the new window not only covers my screen but also switches the focus to another app, it doesn't save if I resize it (the default is too small), it requires an extra click to get back to the browser after saving and it adds the 1Password icon to my dock (only while the window is open, but still. I have a reason why I hide 1P from my dock).

Would be amazing if we could have it open in a new tab as well. :)

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5.1.BETA-0 (70501000)
Extension Version: 1.20 (beta)
OS Version: OSX 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Demerion! 👋

I'm glad you shared your thoughts here. Just so I'm clear, you're wanting all of the features of Desktop App Integration, but you'd prefer to edit your items directly in the browser rather than editing items via the 1Password for Mac app. Does that sound right?

• Demerion
    Demerion
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, yes, you could say so :)

Everything is great, the only thing that slightly annoys me is the window that pops open when editing an item, instead of being able to edit it in the browser as before!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood, thank you for the confirmation @Demerion :+1:

This discussion has been closed.