Can 1Password auto enter just one option when you have several login possibilities listed?

dealtek
dealtek
Community Member
edited May 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

For some websites I have multiple login possibilities. However, the majority of the time I would like one password to auto fill with just one of the possibilities, rather than presenting a list for me to choose.

Q: is there some way that I could have one password auto select my top priority without presenting the list for me to manually choose and simply have it auto enter as it would normally do if you only had one login option?

Maybe - I could get this to happen by...

• Move the low priority ones to another vault?
  • Or rename the top choice to start with letter "a" so sorts on top at least?
  • Or if I had to, I could switch the logins to a secure note or something?
  • Or deleting the URLs on the less important logins?
  • 1P seems best to default to "suggestions" for most sites - maybe something better?

I just tried adding a favorite to my top choice - which look like it will sub sort at the top. Is the a good way to do it?

(Still the goal is to have it auto enter with just my main choice.)

Any solutions would be appreciated.
Thanks Dave

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mojave
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dealtek!

If you have multiple options for a website, 1Password will show you all of them on purpose. There is no way to select one to automatically fill.

I just tried adding a favorite to my top choice - which look like it will sub sort at the top. Is the a good way to do it?

This is what I was going to suggest, and I think it's the best option for this :)

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana,

Yes the favorite does help sort at the top.

• I found that if I delete the website URL then it does in fact vanish from the list. So if I rarely use the secondary logins – then I can just copy and paste them when needed - so this could be an okay solution.

• also here is an excellent tip for sorting - go to– Advanced and you can check sorting = show numbers and symbols first. Then you can just put a symbol such as a dash as the first character and it will sort to the top right after favorites– This is very helpful when needed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dealtek:

Thank you for sharing both of these tips with us! :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.