I have to continually re-enter the master password, it's a pain

Dave_Denver
Dave_Denver
Community Member

Seems like every time I want to use 1 password to fill in a password I have to re-enter the master password. Is there a setting to keep it unlocked for a certain amount of time or to just use the pin instead of the master? For settings I have: Biometric unlock=off, PIN code=on, Lock on exit=off, Automatically lock = never, Automatically clear clipboard=never.

1Password Version: 7.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:android password

Comments

• hi @Dave_Denver. I would recommend enabling Biometric Unlock which will allow you to unlock with your face or fingerprint most of the time. This will make using 1Password much easier.

It looks like you have a PIN code set, and while you can use your PIN as long as 1Password is open and running on the device, when 1Password is exited, you'll need to use your Master Password to unlock 1Password after relaunching it.

If you're going to continue using a PIN instead of Biometric Unlock, make sure you're leaving 1Password running and not exiting it, or swiping it closed from your recent apps list.

• Flashgordonv
    Flashgordonv
    Community Member

I have just changed to a Oneplus 7 Pro phone. Now whenever I try to enable biometric login, it accepts it in the app but when I try to use 1Password to log in somewhere, 1Password turns off biometric password and I have to enter the password. This is a pain as the fingerprint works in everything else on the phone. Running the latest OS 10.3.2 based on Android 10

• @Flashgordonv Are you able to unlock the main app with Fingerprint Unlock every time? Or does it allow you to unlock it once, and then is disabled?

• Flashgordonv
    Flashgordonv
    Community Member

It has come right now for some reason. It did work everywhere other than on 1Password where I would press the fingerprint and it immediately reset adn required the master password. For some reason it now works, which is good but also a bit of a worry

• @Flashgordonv Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that it's working now, but please let me know if you have further trouble.

This discussion has been closed.