BUG: 1Password won't let us assign keyboard shortcut to "Show 1Password"

scotty321
scotty321
Community Member
edited May 2020 in Mac

As you can see from the video below, we can no longer assign the keyboard shortcut of COMMAND OPTION BACKSLASH to the "Show 1Password" command.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2dur013kwkoj26/1password.mov?dl=0

This command option backslash keyboard shortcut has been 1Password's default keyboard shortcut for this option for years, but once it is removed from 1Password's general preferences, 1Password will never let you add it back in again.

No, we do not have any other keyboard shortcuts on our system that are command option backslash. This is the only one, and 1Password won't let us add it back in again.

We are simply trying to add the command option backslash keyboard shortcut to this command.

Yes, we have tried restarting the computer. And yes, we are up-to-date on the latest version of 1Password and macOS.

Can you please fix this problem?

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 7.5
OS Version: macOS 10.15.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scotty321!

I tried to reproduce this bug but things worked for me in 1Password for Mac 7.5. I removed the existing shortcut and tried configuring your keyboard shortcut and it worked at the first attempt for me. See this short video I recorded for you:

So it does look like something else on your device is using that shortcut.

• Thanks for the update @scotty321, and for letting us know what specifically was the conflict. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.