Changed family organizer to family member but they still have access to all vaults

sabretel
sabretel
Community Member

Had set another user as family organizer, changed to Family member and removed access to some vaults. Logged them out, uninstalled and reinstalled their app from their PC, they still seem to be seeing all vaults as a Family organizer.

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Changed family organizer to family member but they still have access to all vaults

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sabretel!

If you login to your account on 1Password.com and click on the People menu, you will see a list of all users in your account. If you now click on this user in the list, is it listed as a Family Member or Family Organizer in the page that appears?

• sabretel
    sabretel
    Community Member

Ah, thank you. That helped a lot!

She is a family organizer so I see now why she has permissions on vaults that have not been shared. Another, but related couple of questions. I appear to have user names under 2 different email addresses. There are 6 Users 1-6.

User 1 -3 Seem to have recovery options only, no family or organizer option - These are my guest users
    User 4 and 5 are my wife (4) and myself(5), respectively, both set as a family organizer with recovery options
    User 6 has no options other than edit details, but is inked to another of my email addresses, and that seems to be the one I am logging onto at the 1password.com site, on my cell phone, and on my tablet.

1. Am I correct that User 6 is the administrative user?
      2.Since 5 seems to be me as well as 6, is it safe/best practice to delete User 5 to open up another family user slot, without losing passwords?
      OR
      If not, can User 5 be linked to a different email and set of vaults?
  • @sabretel

Since 5 seems to be me as well as 6, is it safe/best practice to delete User 5

If when you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ as user 6 all of your data is available to you, then yes, you can delete user 5.

Am I correct that User 6 is the administrative user?

Family Organizers are the administrators. In 1Password Families we don't refer to anyone as an 'administrator' as that is a fairly business oriented term. But Family Organizers have the highest level of access in such memberships.

Ben

• sabretel
    sabretel
    Community Member

Worked, Very helpful, thank you.

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Huh, so non-admin users can do recovery now?

I have been asking for that for a while, but I still only have these two options:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@XIII:

No, non-admin users cannot do recovery. Family Organizers are the admins in a Families account. As Ben explained in his previous post:

Family Organizers are the administrators. In 1Password Families we don't refer to anyone as an 'administrator' as that is a fairly business oriented term. But Family Organizers have the highest level of access in such memberships.

In your screenshot, if you look at the description below both groups, you will see that only Family Organizers can recover accounts.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Ah, then I guess I misunderstood this:

User 1 -3 Seem to have recovery options only, no family or organizer option - These are my guest users

Maybe @sabretel meant that these members accounts can be recovered, not that they can recover those of others.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@XIII:

Maybe @sabretel meant that these members accounts can be recovered, not that they can recover those of others.

Yes, that is how I understood that part too :+1:

This discussion has been closed.